Little Cypress-Mauriceville 9 West Orange-Stark 2/FINAL

WOSgrad

22-4A play begins tonight for a couple of Orange County teams as the West Orange-Stark Mustangs travel up Hwy 87 north to Little Cypress to take on the Little Cypress-Mauriceville Bears!  Steve Griffith's Bears, 18-3 on the season, wrapped up it pre-district play by taking a double header from Huntington, 8-4 and 11-7.  Meanwhile, Ryan Pickering's Mustangs, 9-8 on the season also captured a double header to wrap up pre-district play last Thursday, 7-0 and 15-0 over Cleveland.

Join Gary Stelly for all of the action from Don Gibbens Field in Little Cypress beginning at 7:00 pm by tuning your radio to AM 1600 KOGT or by clicking on the following link:

This is the hidden content, please

Follow Greater Orange Area Sports on Your Hometow Radio Station, AM 1600 KOGT and Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports.com!

4 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

I'll say this, Landry knew what was about to happen. There is not many reasons why you leave a pretty successful job as HC to be an assistant within the same district.

Why stay with a program when there is not a future?

Coaches coach to win, and have a chance to win Championships.

Building a program is one thing, but when you have it built and the talent runs out, well that is a different story all together.

4 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Why stay with a program when there is not a future?

Coaches coach to win, and have a chance to win Championships.

Building a program is one thing, but when you have it built and the talent runs out, well that is a different story all together.

I am not saying he was wrong. I am saying he knew what was coming for WOS Baseball.

5 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

I am not saying he was wrong. I am saying he knew what was coming for WOS Baseball.

Well what’s coming for WOS baseball?Very young team this year is correct,that doesn’t mean they will be bad forever,this freshman class has talent as does the 8th graders.As far as Landry goes he probably left at the right time simply because his record would have gotten a little tarnished this year,I’m here to tell you this though...the man had a loaded team every year he was the head,so who knows if he could have coached up these youngsters or not!!