No lights at H-J

WOSgrad

180,000 is not chump change to a district HJ size.   These districts run very tight budgets.  That is about how much they will have to scrounge together to pay for a modest raise each year.   But I agree that if it was a proirity it would get done.  Seems pretty obvious what the emphasis is in Hawk country as far as facilities are concerned.   

9 hours ago, Hupernikomen said:

180,000 is not chump change to a district HJ size.   These districts run very tight budgets.  That is about how much they will have to scrounge together to pay for a modest raise each year.   But I agree that if it was a proirity it would get done.  Seems pretty obvious what the emphasis is in Hawk country as far as facilities are concerned.   

Yes, it is all about PRIORITIES.

It is sad when COMMUNITIES don't support the future. Yes, taxes are high. Yes, raising taxes sucks. But its called making a small sacrifice for the greater good.

Selfish adults, raise selfish children which leads to many of the problems we have in the country today. It is all about taking care of "ME" and the heck with everybody else.

I played for HJ in the 90’s and never thought not having lights was an issue. I do think they should work to get lights, but not as big of a deal as some want to make it. I also think that they should not even think about playing at the city park again. It’s hard for the coaches and players to have ownership of a field that they cannot make adjustments to, plus the school doesn’t want to pay for the use of their lights either

1 hour ago, bljnhjs19 said:

I played for HJ in the 90’s and never thought not having lights was an issue. I do think they should work to get lights, but not as big of a deal as some want to make it. I also think that they should not even think about playing at the city park again. It’s hard for the coaches and players to have ownership of a field that they cannot make adjustments to, plus the school doesn’t want to pay for the use of their lights either

When you can't have a Freshman team and only running with one underclass team because lack of lights, I would think that hurts your program. Maybe it's just me though ,since my kid isn't effected by it.

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

When you can't have a Freshman team and only running with one underclass team because lack of lights, I would think that hurts your program. Maybe it's just me though ,since my kid isn't effected by it.

We didn’t have a freshman team back then...mainly because of numbers. Our varsity football team only had 19 players. We only had maybe 12 players on the varsity baseball team

1 hour ago, TradenupBH said:

We played HJ JV in Orangefield tournament and they have a very good team. Most of our JV team are freshmen and we have 2 JV teams at that. 

32 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

What a joke, let's take the lights out of the gym and see how long that last. If it was basketball in HJ they would have it done tomorrow with local donations.

Not sure why the Baseball Booster club can't go out and raise $200,000 in Sour Lake.

If the basketball program needed $200,000 I doubt they would get it. $200K is a lot of money. And the people who think that’s “pocket change” for the district are idiots. 

I think you’re mad at the wrong people. Be mad at the old people in Sour Lake who don’t want to pay $14 more a year in taxes so we can have nice things.

• Can’t host track meets bc of the condition of the track

• Can’t host tennis tournaments because of the condition of the tennis courts

• Can’t play JV baseball games because there are no lights 

All of this would have been taken care of in the last bond that the District, that you’re so mad at, proposed. The people voted against it. Get out and campaign, and educate people on the bond and maybe next time this bond is proposed, people will actually vote for it. 

Nobody is picking on baseball ..

8 minutes ago, undiscovered said:

I think you’re mad at the wrong people. Be mad at the old people in Sour Lake who don’t want to pay $14 more a year in taxes so we can have nice things.

• Can’t host track meets bc of the condition of the track

• Can’t host tennis tournaments because of the condition of the tennis courts

• Can’t play JV baseball games because there are no lights 

All of this would have been taken care of in the last bond that the District, that you’re so mad at, proposed. The people voted against it. Get out and campaign, and educate people on the bond and maybe next time this bond is proposed, people will actually vote for it. 

Nobody is picking on baseball ..

Hit the nail on the head