Baseball season will officially begin tomorrow night!!

16 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Yep. Play golf and poker and watch NCAA tourney.

And if it's so great, why is the forum talk so far behind football and basketball?

its not a vocal sport.  Lots of planning, scheming and execution.....

hell who am I kidding.  You either love baseball or you dont.

Im in the former group.

See what I can do about the forum traffic.

4 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

The season begins tomorrow night as I will attend the Kirbyville/Hardin game.

My apologies for keeping the season waiting. ;)

I would argue that it started this past Friday afternoon in Dallardsville.  Big Sandy vs. Evadale was as good of a game as you will see this year.  Round two later in the year should be no different.

On 3/18/2018 at 1:37 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

Yep. Play golf and poker and watch NCAA tourney.

And if it's so great, why is the forum talk so far behind football and basketball?

It’s apparently not a visual sport either, as far as tv viewers are concerned.  Almost as many people tune in to watch guys make 4 left turns in their cars over and over.   

Not sure what’s happened with our “country’s favorite past time.”  It’s a great sport but seems to be losing more and more ground to the big 2.   Is it just too slow for today’s fast moving, instant gratification society?

31 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

It’s apparently not a visual sport either, as far as tv viewers are concerned.  Almost as many people tune in to watch guys make 4 left turns in their cars over and over.   

Not sure what’s happened with our “country’s favorite past time.”  It’s a great sport but seems to be losing more and more ground to the big 2.   Is it just too slow for today’s fast moving, instant gratification society?

I’ll take baseball all day. But yes today’s generation won’t sit to watch anything. Numbers are dropping in all sports.