Next year's SETXsports preseason rankings

Lot of things change over a season but my preseason #1's in each poll will be 6A-4A #1 Silsbee and 3A-Private #1 East Chambers. A close 2nd in the big school poll could be Beaumont United and in small school, Shelbyville who returns everyone from that state semifinal team this year.

Any other thoughts before we officially close the season?

That’s crazy to think Shelbyville will return everyone. EC return a majority as well? It’ll be interesting to see if some of the re-zoning allows for some kids from West Brook to possibly transfer to United and be game changers. PA will be down a little bit because of the amount of kids they are losing. Nederland should be better. Interested to see how well LC-M is after losing a ton of seniors as well. A lot of intrigue going into next year with the top two spots solidified though. 

16 minutes ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

That’s crazy to think Shelbyville will return everyone. EC return a majority as well? It’ll be interesting to see if some of the re-zoning allows for some kids from West Brook to possibly transfer to United and be game changers. PA will be down a little bit because of the amount of kids they are losing. Nederland should be better. Interested to see how well LC-M is after losing a ton of seniors as well. A lot of intrigue going into next year with the top two spots solidified though. 

The rezoning in Beaumont does not affect the kids already in high school.  They're grandfathered in.  It only affects incoming middle school kids, 8th graders, incoming 9th graders.  

11 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Lot of things change over a season but my preseason #1's in each poll will be 6A-4A #1 Silsbee and 3A-Private #1 East Chambers. A close 2nd in the big school poll could be Beaumont United and in small school, Shelbyville who returns everyone from that state semifinal team this year.

Any other thoughts before we officially close the season?

Both of those team are gimme #1s.  I would have both ranked 1 in the state in their classifications as well.  In the small school though, not sure what teams such as Leggett return.  Shelbyville seems a cinch 2 though and BU in the bigs.  Atascocita and NS should be better as well. 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

Both of those team are gimme #1s.  I would have both ranked 1 in the state in their classifications as well.  In the small school though, not sure what teams such as Leggett return.  Shelbyville seems a cinch 2 though and BU in the bigs.  Atascocita and NS should be better as well. 

Leggett loses most of their scoring. Diboll dropping down to 3A will be a player along with Newton in the small school rankings.

With the realignment not sure Cita will remain in our coverage area.

Huntington has the potential to be very decent next year. They return a good group with the districts leading scorer. Should be deep. JV went 24-3 And one of those loses came after a couple players were brought up to varsity close to end of season. Hoping for a good year. 

What does Yates and Dallas Lincoln have returning? Maybe the question should be will either be better next year, same, or perhaps even not as good?

3 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee will be #1 in 4A and I'm sure Yates or Dallas Lincoln would be close behind. 

On 3/20/2018 at 10:10 PM, tennisbc said:

What does Yates and Dallas Lincoln have returning? Maybe the question should be will either be better next year, same, or perhaps even not as good?

Somebody, somewhere will show up, I guess.  Texas is a big state, lots of 4A teams.  There's a young freshman phenom somewhere.

On 3/22/2018 at 9:27 AM, BMTSoulja1 said:

Well, I think only McCain and Adams will be the only ones dunking.  Lol.  I've never seen Oliver, Harrison, or Bush dunk.  

I coach/train Harrison. Went to most of his games. He had a dunk vs Livingston and the Ozen game at their place. I wouldn't be so quick to say which kids will be at United. I know of several that won't be playing there next year.