TABC ALL STATE

3 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

When the coaches are making the All-District selections.. they are supposed to be putting together a team from their district that they would use to play against another district (hypothetical).  Whichever kid that the coaches decide would be their unanimous top/first pick is the district MVP.  Or at least that's the way it's supposed to be.

To be honest All-District selections have gotten so PC and watered down that I don't even pay attention to who got what anymore.  It's pretty sickening.  There are far too many mommas to please to do it right.

3 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

When the coaches are making the All-District selections.. they are supposed to be putting together a team from their district that they would use to play against another district (hypothetical).  Whichever kid that the coaches decide would be their unanimous top/first pick is the district MVP.  Or at least that's the way it's supposed to be.

To be honest All-District selections have gotten so PC and watered down that I don't even pay attention to who got what anymore.  It's pretty sickening.  There are far too many mommas to please to do it right.

16 hours ago, TxHoops said:

EC easily had the best two players in the district.  I will compare it to Westbrook winning the MVP last season.  Based on his team being not very good and putting up ridiculous numbers, he was the MVP.  But in no planet is he the best player in the league...

On 3/18/2018 at 8:51 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

Based on the games I watched this season, Connell was not the best player in the district. He may have been the most valuable player but not the best player.

I agree MVP on his team not the district 

16 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Who 1st team and 2nd team in district 

• 2 weeks later...

Stats can be misleading when you have a kid play on a well rounded team. The kids from EC share the basketball as well as any I've seen. This year if Buna was going to score they pretty much had to go through Alex. I got to see EC and Buna several times each and the best players I saw wore green and gold this year. Somehow I think this bothers the grown ups more than it does the kids. On another note 20 all district players is over the top but it is what it is .