TABC ALL STATE

Silsbee with 3 20 point + players and all three return.

Braelon Bush - 24.9 avg.

Jordyn Adams - 23.1 avg.

Devon McCain - 21.1 avg.

That's 69 points per game returning. Throw in Tyler's 6 points and Martin's 7 points, and that's 82 points returning for next season.

I'd say that makes Silsbee the favorite to win it all again.

4 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Silsbee with 3 20 point + players and all three return.

Braelon Bush - 24.9 avg.

Jordyn Adams - 23.1 avg.

Devon McCain - 21.1 avg.

That's 69 points per game returning. Throw in Tyler's 6 points and Martin's 7 points, and that's 82 points returning for next season.

I'd say that makes Silsbee the favorite to win it all again.

I agree.  The three all staters will be tough for any school in any classification to match up with.  And Martin’s progression over the course of the season has to have Tiger fans excited.  

As for Tyler, I have been a big fan of his for awhile now.  He is the ultimate team player, who does everything well and never takes a play off.  And his attitude on the floor is absolutely exemplary.  If you want to see what coaches are talking about when they speak of a kid having great body language, watch Landyn Tyler.  

22 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I agree.  The three all staters will be tough for any school in any classification to match up with.  And Martin’s progression over the course of the season has to have Tiger fans excited.  

As for Tyler, I have been a big fan of his for awhile now.  He is the ultimate team player, who does everything well and never takes a play off.  And his attitude on the floor is absolutely exemplary.  If you want to see what coaches are talking about when they speak of a kid having great body language, watch Landyn Tyler.  

Completely agree. I feel he doesn't get the credit he deserves, mainly because of the exposure the big three get. He can just flat out play. Probably the fastest on the team with the ball. 

2 hours ago, memawsue said:

MVP is Alex Connell  from Buna

Don't agree with this one, IMO, Alex is a great player don't get me wrong!!  Really thought Kordell David from EC and if Kalon Barnes didn't get hurt, could have been Co-MVP's for District.  Both these young men played hard all year and helped their team respectively throughout the District games. 

Y’all funny. Kordell is good. He was surrounded by a good team. Guillory was more impactful in our two games. Both of those young fellas are good. K Barnes is in Silsbee?  He s not in 23 -3a. 

I tell A Connell he isn’t any good all day everyday for y’all to keep doubting him. 

Buna had three - the MVP(U already know), Cade Flores the wing man 1rst team and J Dixson 2nd team.

On 3/15/2018 at 9:32 PM, TxHoops said:

Chris Martin was playing some good ball.

Connell was the best player in the district by a decent margin. Usually MVP goes to best player in best team but without Connell Buna wins maybe 2-3 district games. That’s no disrespect to the other Cougars it’s just how much he does for them on the offensive end creating probably 80% of the entire Buna offense this year. David would’ve been a good choice as well. 

12 minutes ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

Connell was the best player in the district by a decent margin. Usually MVP goes to best player in best team but without Connell Buna wins maybe 2-3 district games. That’s no disrespect to the other Cougars it’s just how much he does for them on the offensive end creating probably 80% of the entire Buna offense this year. David would’ve been a good choice as well. 

Im taking you’re drunk, since it’s St. Patty’s day??

51 minutes ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

Nope, Alex Connell would be the best player on every team in the district. Kordell David and Tyga are both great players as well. Neither are as good as Alex. 

Was he All-State?? Ernest Ceasar was and he was BY FAR the best player in the district. Kordell was the second best player, and that is an unbiased assessment. 

19 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

Was he All-State?? Ernest Ceasar was and he was BY FAR the best player in the district. Kordell was the second best player, and that is an unbiased assessment. 

Na Connell wasn’t all state that I know of but it’s hard to make the TABC all state team if you don’t make a deep in the playoff and/or have a crazy stat line. The district coaches seen Alex as the MVP though. 3rd is a great player too, a little raw right now but that goes for all 15 year olds. Him and his little brother play in the same AAU program that I did so i know their games well. Honestly it’s not a discussion I think we will resolve. All three great players. All three will play really well next year as well.