Silsbee 104 Dallas Carter 101/FINAL/SILSBEE TIGERS - BACK TO BACK CLASS 4A STATE CHAMPIONS!!!

33 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Free throws, free throws, free throws.  Silsbee finishes 30 of 34 from the line and needed most of them obviously.  Some very good Tiger teams of the past would have lost this one because they were average at best from the charity stripe.  

Hats off to the Cowboys who proved they were definitely Silsbee’s toughest playoff opponent.  

Congrats Tigers on going back to back!!!  Is it too early to talk threepeat???

It's too early IMO, but I am sure the topic will come up quick.

6 ranked teams in 7 playoff games!   Couldn’t be prouder of these young men.  All of them. But I have to give a special hats off to #3.  He mentioned it on twitter about the road he has had and I couldn’t be prouder for the way he turned it all around this year and lead his team to a state title.  Not taking away from any of the others but I couldn’t be happier than seeing him finish the season on the floor as the mvp of the title game!!  

33 minutes ago, ST413 said:

6 ranked teams in 7 playoff games!   Couldn’t be prouder of these young men.  All of them. But I have to give a special hats off to #3.  He mentioned it on twitter about the road he has had and I couldn’t be prouder for the way he turned it all around this year and lead his team to a state title.  Not taking away from any of the others but I couldn’t be happier than seeing him finish the season on the floor as the mvp of the title game!!  

Amen and amen.  Kid has been through a lot.  But he refused to be defined by the valleys.  I’ve said it before and I will say it again - McCain is full of class and heart.  For me, this one was a little more special due to his journey.  

Congratulations to the 4A State Champions Silsbee Tigers, really proud of you...some teams never make it to the State Championship and you've been there 3 years in a row...hat's off to the team, coaches, and fans who really travel well. On to next year, who knows, might make it 4 in a row.

Devon was a beast.  As was Bush.  The whole team.  But Devon, man!  He was tossing laser, no look passes.  If Silsbee needed a bucket he would carve his way into the paint and toss it in.  Carter couldn't do anything about it.  

Carter was the best, 2nd best, 4A team I've this year.  That Zahad Munford guy, wow. He was strong on the boards, and hit six 3s.   That whole team could shoot, lights out.

That's another thing, Devon broke out with the outside shot!  He was hitting with it too.  He was playing like he had some stuff on his back that he wanted to shake off.  He left all that stuff laying on the floor.  Great game # 3.