Silsbee 104 Dallas Carter 101/FINAL/SILSBEE TIGERS - BACK TO BACK CLASS 4A STATE CHAMPIONS!!!

I think Mike said carter was close to 60% from three, and that was before they hit the two late. I bet if you’d told carter they’d hit almost 2/3 of the 3s they took they would’ve thought they’d win in a blowout.  What an unbelievable night from the FT line for the tigers!  If they’d shot 66%, a number most fans would probably take, they would’ve lost by 7 or 8!

8 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I think Mike said carter was close to 60% from three, and that was before they hit the two late. I bet if you’d told carter they’d hit almost 2/3 of the 3s they took they would’ve thought they’d win in a blowout.  What an unbelievable night from the FT line for the tigers!  If they’d shot 66%, a number most fans would probably take, they would’ve lost by 7 or 8!

They ended up 61% from 3 ball land 11/18 and 58.5 overall.  We finished 56.9 overall and 47.1 in 3s(8/17). But that staggering 88% on fts!!

Still getting used to, digesting this two piece, (two peat), but yeah a 3peat is definitely something to go for.  Why not?  Got the big 3 together for one more season.  Losing some good ones, like Kalon Barnes, but got some good ones blossoming, like Chris Martin.  Got some even younger ones coming in.  I thought a 2 peat was next to impossible when I saw the tigers play earlier during the holidays.  But as everyone said, the settle down and got it together.

As I heard coach Sigler say in a video recently this definitely puts Silsbee on the map, so to speak.  They will get to play in all the best tournaments, but they had that going on before.  They will be in everyone's cross hairs, everybody want to get on the floor and play them, PA Memorial, for sure, cy falls, cy this,, cy that...maybe even Allen.  All those 6A schools should be shamed for letting Allen win a championship in football and basketball, in the same season.   Btw, congrats to Allen.  peace.

1 hour ago, STigerNation said:

I would love to see a Battle of the Champs matchup between Silsbee and Memorial next year! 

Wouldn’t be much of a game next year unfortunately.  

41 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I wish they would've played this year at some point.  Would've been a heck of a game...

I agree.  This year the game would have been something else.  Honestly don’t know who I would favor.   Maybe it’s just as well they didn’t play now that I think about it.  No arguments about who’s better.  They are both the best of the best in their classification.  But man it would have been some kind of game. 

12 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Carter's Zahad Munford, and Dante Stearns.

Good grief yes on both, especially Munford.  He was an animal.  How many times you see a kid go for 37 and 7 in a state championship game and he gets overshadowed and takes an L.   Devon was just in the “anything you can do I can do better” mode...