##1 Silsbee vs #5 Dallas Carter for 4A State Championship

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

My bruh n law is a Carter alum.  He loves to play pick up basketball, but he never talks about Carter.  This came as a surprise to him & everybody.  But it is here and it is real.  When Lincoln beat Duncanville by 11 I think, the same Duncanville that put up a 30 piece on the Silsbee Tigers, I thought for sure it would be Lincoln coming out of reg 2.  During the season Carter was making noise, but I was waiting to see what they would do with Lincoln. Sure enough Lincoln won, then beat them again in district.  But it is hard to be a good team three times in a season.  Silsbee is playing good ball right now.  It should be a good game.

Duncanville beat us by 15 91-76

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

My bruh n law is a Carter alum.  He loves to play pick up basketball, but he never talks about Carter.  This came as a surprise to him & everybody.  But it is here and it is real.  When Lincoln beat Duncanville by 11 I think, the same Duncanville that put up a 30 piece on the Silsbee Tigers, I thought for sure it would be Lincoln coming out of reg 2.  During the season Carter was making noise, but I was waiting to see what they would do with Lincoln. Sure enough Lincoln won, then beat them again in district.  But it is hard to be a good team three times in a season.  Silsbee is playing good ball right now.  It should be a good game.

I think and hope Silsbee’s experience will be the difference and they will accomplish the repeat.  But Carter will be their biggest test since before district play began.