Jasper Tournament/Post updates here!

WOSgrad

10 minutes ago, Sportsman72 said:

Heard he was Sitting 92-94 against BC. Will go in the draft as a PO

He sat there for the whole game and his last pitch, 101st, was 96mph.  What was most impressive, was his command of the off spead from curve ball to slider to change up.  Hes a pitcher not just a thrower!

11 hours ago, Sportsman72 said:

Won 3 of 4. 

And yes BC did get no hit and K 19 times. Kid will be a top 50 draft pick in June. Sometimes you just get overmatched 

BC pitching was almost equally impressive in that game. The only hit they gave up was a two out bunt single in the sixth. By the way they BC boys found a way not to lose a game in which they did get no hit. The next day they bounced back with 20 hits and the probably another 10 against Nederland. 

As far as the Rodriguez kids is concerned he is one of the best HS pitchers I have seen. Most kids with that kind of velocity tend to get the ball up at times which makes it a little easier to scratch a few hits or runs. Grayson sat 90 plus at the knees with plus off speed as well. I was able to see the older Kolek (sat 97-98) kid a few years ago and he wasn't nearly the PITCHER Rodriguez is. 

1 hour ago, walldrill said:

BC pitching was almost equally impressive in that game. The only hit they gave up was a two out bunt single in the sixth. By the way they BC boys found a way not to lose a game in which they did get no hit. The next day they bounced back with 20 hits and the probably another 10 against Nederland. 

As far as the Rodriguez kids is concerned he is one of the best HS pitchers I have seen. Most kids with that kind of velocity tend to get the ball up at times which makes it a little easier to scratch a few hits or runs. Grayson sat 90 plus at the knees with plus off speed as well. I was able to see the older Kolek (sat 97-98) kid a few years ago and he wasn't nearly the PITCHER Rodriguez is. 

Couldn’t agree more. I watched Kolek as well and although he was good and fun to watch. Rodriquez was even better. Like you said Rodriguez didn’t just throw mid 90s... he “pitched” mid 90s at the knees with 3 other pitches to go with it. You will see him on TV in the years to come 

1 hour ago, STiger85 said:

It’s hard to imagine that a pitcher that pitches in the low nineties would be better that a pitcher that lived in the triple digits and went #2 in the MLB draft out of high school. 

Well In my opinion I seen it this weekend. I’m taking nothing away from Kolek at all but as far as having a feel to pitch with 4 pitches... rodriguez is better. I heard one scout say he was best HS pitcher he’s seen in last 15 years. 

And i wouldn’t go as far as saying he “lived” in the triple digits. I set behind scouts and GMs (including Nolan Ryan) in Jasper the year he got drafted and he set 95-97. He touched 99 and even 100 a few times but he’s a mid to upper 90s guy. Not much difference in 3 mph fastbal when it comes to talking about these 2 guys. It’s what comes with it and the    Rodriguez kid showed me more then Kolek. But both are fantastic. Everyone has an opinion.