*STATE TOURNEY UPDATE THREAD*

Final in Class 5A Semifinal #2

Justin Northwest 65, Alamo Heights 54

Northwest will face Memorial for the 5A State Championship on Saturday at 3 pm.

And so closes Day 1 of the Boys State Basketball Tournament.

Play will resume again tomorrow morning with Class 2A semifinals as Shelbyville will take on Stinnett West Texas at 8:30 am.

Follow the game thread for updates on that game.

1 hour ago, yepyep said:

Northwest has one of the better point guards in the Class of 19, Avery Anderson. They also have a man child OU football commit who is their 6th man. I think they are the favorite to win, but Memorial can beat them.

Anderson is a player.  Simpson is a physically intimidating but put a body on him and he’s pretty much a roll player.  I’m much more concerned with 6-9 Sammie Freeman.  He for sure needs to feel that PA physicality or he can kill you on the glass. 

There is no way this Team can get up & down the floor with PA. Dictate the Tempo, press & trap in waves and Memorial should win by 12-15pts. I saw only 1 player that was concerned about. Get out on the break & that takes care of the big fella. This ain't Football, so he will be sucking wind immediately. Easier said than done, but that's my Monday morning Coaching strategy. Lol

2 hours ago, Bigcam2903 said:

There is no way this Team can get up & down the floor with PA. Dictate the Tempo, press & trap in waves and Memorial should win by 12-15pts. I saw only 1 player that was concerned about. Get out on the break & that takes care of the big fella. This ain't Football, so he will be sucking wind immediately. Easier said than done, but that's my Monday morning Coaching strategy. Lol

Spot on Bigcam!