Beaumont United Basketball Job

On 3/24/2018 at 11:25 AM, JayBilas said:

UPDATE: Top Candidate has WITHDRAWN his name from consideration for this job.  It will 100% be an OUTSIDE HIRE at THIS point.

Hmmm so the former Dekaney and current DeSoto assistant has thrown his hat in the ring, very interesting so the puzzle is somewhat simplified to some degree. Hopefully a list

of applicants will available this week before the announcement....

2 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I ve heard something  interesting . make a position that would be over all basketball operations in BISD. I guess an assistant AD type position.  And that would only be for a certain already hc in the district.  ......I still don’t see him doing that.......but if the $ is right

Curious would that be an incentive to stay at one job or incentive to take the the job you turned down.

Of course its not over. Anyone that is qualified has a SHOT. However you must be realistic about certain positions. I'm QUALIFIED and able to be the head coach at DUKE, but if it opens up tomorrow, I realize I probably won't get that position...So yeah, its not OVER, but lets be realistic about WHO will get a real shot at this spot.

"If" Bisd wants the best they can get to be the head coach at United it's simple show him the money. Pure and simple it's all business. I realize high school football is king in Texas

but the "Top Applicant" is vastly under paid. Had he been compensated he wouldnt have taken the AD job in P.A. and we wouldnt be having this delayed process...jmo 

"If" Bisd wants the best they can get to be the head coach at United it's simple show him the money. Pure and simple it's all business. I realize high school football is king in Texas

but the "Top Applicant" is vastly under paid. Had he been compensated he wouldnt have taken the AD job in P.A. and we wouldnt be having this delayed process...jmo 

True. Very true.

55 minutes ago, JustUs said:

I understand ur point, but this isn’t the ncaa nor the nba.   Hc pay is gonna be the same pay across the board when you have more than one high school.  The resume only helps you get the job, doesn’t dictate the $.....unless you choose a higher paying school district case in point (took ad job in p.a.)

i know a few years back hc for basketball in bmtisd only got a 10k stipend for coaching and the top assistant got between 5k and 6k.

18 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I understand ur point, but this isn’t the ncaa nor the nba.   Hc pay is gonna be the same pay across the board when you have more than one high school.  The resume only helps you get the job, doesn’t dictate the $.....unless you choose a higher paying school district case in point (took ad job in p.a.)

i know a few years back hc for basketball in bmtisd only got a 10k stipend for coaching and the top assistant got between 5k and 6k.

I'm in total agreement with your analysis which is correct and on point. My follow up response is the board of managers made increased salary adjustments for both head football coaches positions in the district. Would it it be unrealistic to do the same for both basketball programs. The student-athletes are worth the investment. FY...I i'm an advocate for Teacher pay raises as well. Academics first then Athletics makes productive citizens...jmo

This should be a no brainer for BISD the most qualified Coach from a basketball and political stand point has ties to the 2 schools with the richest basketball traditions in the city. The board / advisors / overseers (whatever they are called) need to make this happen and if it doesn't happen it shouldn't be because they didn't try EVERYTHING  possible. JMO. #beenthereinPA.

43 minutes ago, Spyder53 said:

This should be a no brainer for BISD the most qualified Coach from a basketball and political stand point has ties to the 2 schools with the richest basketball traditions in the city. The board / advisors / overseers (whatever they are called) need to make this happen and if it doesn't happen it shouldn't be because they didn't try EVERYTHING  possible. JMO. #beenthereinPA.

You’re assuming this most qualified coach wants the job.  Maybe he does, but maybe not.  

1 hour ago, TrustTheProcess said:

You’re assuming this most qualified coach wants the job.  Maybe he does, but maybe not.  

United is 6A...WB is 6A

United has the better facilities

United will have the better athletes and top shelf feeders South-Park,MLK and Odom....WB feeders will be Marshall and Vincent

United fan base will be off the chart

Maybe there's a better offer to stay at his current job...Nothing would surprise me. 

5 hours ago, JustUs said:

United is 6A...WB is 6A

United will have the better athletes and top shelf feeders South-Park,MLK and Odom....WB feeders will be Marshall and Vincent

Maybe there's a better offer to stay at his current job...Nothing would surprise me. 

Devils advocate

Pay is equal....even if there is a raise.

wb is getting a new floor this summer. But I agree U has way better facilities.... 

mlk used to be split are they not anymore?,  (smith did feed central)

“United fan base will be off the chart”.....could be a turn off especially to someone nearing retirement

He has his program up and running and returning a good portion of team, very good jv and freshman teams, close proximity to house, daughter at WB, 

in my opinion he won’t take it, money will not swing nor influence due to equal pay(unless shady business)

only thing that could influence him into taking it would be “the challenge” or the thought “I could possibly retire after a state championship” ....is that a desire considering the talent that will be feeding that school

8 hours ago, TrustTheProcess said:

7 hours ago, Spyder53 said:

Well, if he doesn't that's one thing. On the other hand,  if he does then he should be the obvious choice.

8 hours ago, JustUs said:

United is 6A...WB is 6A

Don't forget about Smith...

2 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Devils advocate

Pay is equal....even if there is a raise.

wb is getting a new floor this summer. But I agree U has way better facilities.... 

mlk used to be split are they not anymore?,  (smith did feed central)

“United fan base will be off the chart”.....could be a turn off especially to someone nearing retirement

He has his program up and running and returning a good portion of team, very good jv and freshman teams, close proximity to house, daughter at WB, 

in my opinion he won’t take it, money will not swing nor influence due to equal pay(unless shady business)

only thing that could influence him into taking it would be “the challenge” or the thought “I could possibly retire after a state championship” ....is that a desire considering the talent that will be feeding that school

Both schools are getting new floors...

Based solely off of address meaning that most of South Park, King and Smith will go to United along with at least 50% of Odom.