ARTHUR LOUIS NAMED NEW HEAD COACH AT BEAUMONT UNITED!

DannyShapiroBE

12 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

You know the funny part, a new little league football team was announced recently in Beaumont called the Timberwolves, using the maroon and gold.  Its a split from the Bulldogs who were locked in on kids only living in the West End.  The team will get it's kids from the Beaumont United living area.  If successful and able to survive, it will have kids at an early age wanting to be Timberwolves.   

i also to seen this, I like how the community is really trying to get behind this school . I really hope it works out, Beaumont has been out of the Picture to long as a Football hotbed 

2 hours ago, D3zii said:

Talked to a friend of mine the other day, and I think ppl forget the talent Ozen has. he showed me two Soph D-Linemen, one was 6’3 340 the other was 6’2, 240.and both could go.. one is actually being looks at already by Baylor.

everyone is going off the JV and Freshman teams to determine the new schools future, but forget Ozen played a lot of Underclassman on Varsity as well as Central but not as much

i believe whoever gets the job will be inheriting a good group of athletes and players not to mention all the original kids United will get back from Brook due to the zone rules being enforced ..this imo is a very underrated job (as you can tell from the coaching list, at least in my opinion) and I just hope they make the right decision of who takes control

I don't know what you exactly meant but anyone that is currently at WB will be allowed to finish there.  It will be enforced for all incoming freshman...

1 hour ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Found out that the head football coaching job is not officially closed for United.  The list that was given out was just the list of qualified applicants at that time of the initial request.  And since then a "throwback" has applied and will be interviewing soon...

it would not be beaumont if shady back doors deals were not taking place in this process. 

2 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Found out that the head football coaching job is not officially closed for United.  The list that was given out was just the list of qualified applicants at that time of the initial request.  And since then a "throwback" has applied and will be interviewing soon...

I have a guess

O wow , spring ball is seeming more and more less likely now 

Spring ball is still going to happen.  It's a must.  It usually doesn't start until after track season is complete which isn't until the end of April. 

Just got an e-mail from someone and then I backed it up by making a phone call that said that Spring ball will more than likely not happen for United due to uniforms and the logistical nightmare between the 2 campuses.  First day of practice/conditioning in that case would be August 6th with the first day of contact being August 10th.  They would be able to get in 2 scrimmages before the season opener against Houston St. Pius. 

30 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Just got an e-mail from someone and then I backed it up by making a phone call that said that Spring ball will more than likely not happen for United due to uniforms and the logistical nightmare between the 2 campuses.  First day of practice/conditioning in that case would be August 6th with the first day of contact being August 10th.  They would be able to get in 2 scrimmages before the season opener against Houston St. Pius. 

That’s a recipe for disaster. Hopefully they can get things figured out by district.

47 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Yep, thats what i was talking about. The Head coach usually is the one who orders stuff but since there isnt one, nothing has been ordered. My only hope was that they'd just use what they already have Maroon and Yellow practice Jerseys but i guess they wont, hopefully whoever comes has a good summer program

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

Yep, thats what i was talking about. The Head coach usually is the one who orders stuff but since there isnt one, nothing has been ordered. My only hope was that they'd just use what they already have Maroon and Yellow practice Jerseys but i guess they wont, hopefully whoever comes has a good summer program

Bisd still has a AD still? I would think he would be responsible of getting things ordered

14 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Throwback from Ozen or Central and if it’s Central I already know who lol

2 hours ago, D3zii said:

Heard that they don't want to use ANYTHING that has Central or Ozen on it for any extracurricular activities.  Everything will have new colors, name and logos on it.  No division... 

On 2/26/2018 at 8:03 AM, Alpha Wolf said:

You know the funny part, a new little league football team was announced recently in Beaumont called the Timberwolves, using the maroon and gold.  Its a split from the Bulldogs who were locked in on kids only living in the West End.  The team will get it's kids from the Beaumont United living area.  If successful and able to survive, it will have kids at an early age wanting to be Timberwolves.   

This could be good for United as well as Beaumont.  Look at png nederland, vidor , pa  football little leagues. and hJ and silsbee little dribbler basketball programs. Programs that tend to do very well year in and year out have excellent little league programs with high school coaches working hand in hand to develop kids. Question is will the bulldogs become a feeder pattern of west brook.