ARTHUR LOUIS NAMED NEW HEAD COACH AT BEAUMONT UNITED!

DannyShapiroBE

1 hour ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Beaumont United High School 2018 Football Schedule

Friday, August 17  TBD (Scrimmage)

Friday, August 24  Pasadena Dobie (Scrimmage)

Friday, August 31 vs Houston St. Pius

Friday, September 7 @ Nederland

Saturday, September 15 vs Port Arthur Memorial

Friday, September 28 vs Baytown Sterling

Friday, October 5 @ Beaumont West Brook

Friday, October 12 vs Houston C.E. King

Thursday, October 18 vs Channelview

Friday, October 26 @ LaPorte

Saturday, November 3 vs Galena Park North Shore

Friday, November 9 @ Deer Park

I think Nacogdoches is looking for a week 1 scrimmage.

23 hours ago, The Icon said:

Any update on if the kids being able to get together for any type of team meeting?

7 on 7? Summer Conditioning Programs?

Just curious about the logistics of everything since the players are currently on 2 different campuses

Everything that you mentioned, meetings, 7 on 7, summer conditioning either will take place or have already taken place.  It will be no different than any other high school with the exception of no spring ball, practice starts on August 6th.  Summer conditioning starts on June 11th...

• 3 weeks later...

I had a meeting Monday with some higher ups one of which was Coach Louis.  His estimated numbers for football for this coming year was approximately 90 from Central, approximately 80 from Ozen and approximately 100 from the middle schools.  Not too bad of numbers to start United with...

20 hours ago, PlayActionPass said:

How many of the 170 will be Seniors?

How many does he plan on keeping on Varsity?

Are they going to play a JV and a Soph schedule?

Will they have 3 Freshman teams?

All good questions that I don't have the answers to right now but I will try to get...

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

I've never really gotten excited about 7 on 7 football in the past while supporting my Jaguars but from what I seen yesterday out of the future Timberwolves, that may change.  3 different QB's threw the ball pretty good.  When August 6th gets here, depth will not be an issue.

82 days...

That is good to hear, I hope they are competitive from get go.

2 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

I've never really gotten excited about 7 on 7 football in the past while supporting my Jaguars but from what I seen yesterday out of the future Timberwolves, that may change.  3 different QB's threw the ball pretty good.  When August 6th gets here, depth will not be an issue.

82 days...

Depth as far as a typical 6a team or depth to play with the North Shores, Westfields, Atascocitas?

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Depth as far as a typical 6a team or depth to play with the North Shores, Westfields, Atascocitas?

Being that ALL the kids don't come out for 7 on 7, I'd like to stay on the side of caution and say for a typical 6A team.  North Shore, probably not but everyone else who is in their district, yes. 

49 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Being that ALL the kids don't come out for 7 on 7, I'd like to stay on the side of caution and say for a typical 6A team.  North Shore, probably not but everyone else who is in their district, yes. 

I would say that the depth and experience should be above a "typical" 6A program considering you are combining two 5A programs from last year. However, I would also suggest caution, because having depth, means that some kids that may have been starters in the recent past are going to have to accept backup or limited roles. Are all of these kids willing to put their ego aside for the betterment of the team? Are these kids going to compete every day to play or are they going to pout and whine about not getting to start? This is why coaching is so important in this unusual scenario.