ARTHUR LOUIS NAMED NEW HEAD COACH AT BEAUMONT UNITED!

DannyShapiroBE

5 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

I won't say LOADED WITH TALENT but yes there is some there.  I agree, 3 pretty good non-district opponents followed by a pretty tough district.  To me it just depends on how Coach Louis can get these boys to bond and buy in.  If they detect any favoritism from one side or the other, it will get real bad...

I was thinking the same thing earlier. For example, if a former Ozen player wins a job on Taylor's offense over a former Central player, parents of that kid blowing up that Taylor is looking out for his Ozen guys and what not. I have been around a lot of "little league dads" and that is not far fetched and quite possible.

8 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

I was thinking the same thing earlier. For example, if a former Ozen player wins a job on Taylor's offense over a former Central player, parents of that kid blowing up that Taylor is looking out for his Ozen guys and what not. I have been around a lot of "little league dads" and that is not far fetched and quite possible.

I really don't believe any favoritism will be going on, may the best man win the job. Besides that  coach Taylor was at both schools so he is familiar with both schools talent . With that being said, he is in a tough position don't matter who he plays some body parent will not be happy.

54 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

If he does that he might coach his way out of OC. If the offense struggles it will fall back on him since he is calling the shots on the O.  I don’t see this happening at all, winning keeps your job and people happy and off your back. I imagine he will start the season off already under the microscope by many comments about him getting the job and he hasn’t even called the first play yet. Let the man get a few games under the belt and kinks lined out before you throw him to the wolves no pun intended.  

9 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

If he does that he might coach his way out of OC. If the offense struggles it will fall back on him since he is calling the shots on the O.  I don’t see this happening at all, winning keeps your job and people happy and off your back. I imagine he will start the season off already under the microscope by many comments about him getting the job and he hasn’t even called the first play yet. Let the man get a few games under the belt and kinks lined out before you throw him to the wolves no pun intended.  

No, no, no I am not saying he will be showing favoritism at all. I am saying there are going to be some whiny ass parents crying favoritism. I am sure he will be playing the kids he thinks is best suited for what he is wanting to do.

Sorry to go back but to touch on the turf subject the Butch has hosted a whole bunch of playoff games in the 8 years besides the regular games between the 3 schools. Soccer games and playoff matches, band contest. I’m quite certain BISD knew what they were doing when they built the stadium to attract these events at a great location off ih 10. The turf is paid by these events and will continue get paid for because schools will continue to rent this venue out. 

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

No, no, no I am not saying he will be showing favoritism at all. I am saying there are going to be some whiny ass parents crying favoritism. I am sure he will be playing the kids he thinks is best suited for what he is wanting to do.

There will always be whining parents.  A good coach takes this in stride & plays the kids that he feels can best run his system.  The coach must evaluate & put those players in which can execute the system that he puts in place.  Victory will come with a good system.  Best of luck to the new coach! 

Last night I attended the community advisory committee meeting concerning the merger of Ozen and Central into United High School.  Just some notes pertaining to athletics...

Projected 2018 Enrollement based off of addresses

United                                                          West Brook

9th               707                                                                515

10th             712                                                                634

11th             552                                                                567

12th             501                                                                568

Total            2,472                                                            2,284

Head football coach, A. Louis

Head boys cross country coach, J. Fontenot

Head girls cross country coach, R. Andrews

Head volleyball coach, R. Williams

All varsity athletes (United & West Brook) will wear Adidas uniforms.  Adidas shoes will be provided as well for those that choose to wear them. 

Boys and girls will have separate weight rooms.

Old and New gym will be updated and renovated to be on par with other 6A schools.

Baseball and softball fields will undergo some renovations.

Football team will have one helmet, 3 jerseys and 3 pants.  Maroon jersey will be the home jersey, white jersey will be the road jersey and the gold jersey will be the alternate.

Turf replacement at the Thomas Center begins on April 23rd and depending on weather will be complete in 30-45 days.

4 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Last night I attended the community advisory committee meeting concerning the merger of Ozen and Central into United High School.  Just some notes pertaining to athletics...

Projected 2018 Enrollement based off of addresses

United                                                          West Brook

9th               707                                                                515

10th             712                                                                634

11th             552                                                                567

12th             501                                                                568

Total            2,472                                                            2,284

Head football coach, A. Louis

Head boys cross country coach, J. Fontenot

Head girls cross country coach, R. Andrews

Head volleyball coach, R. Williams

All varsity athletes (United & West Brook) will wear Adidas uniforms.  Adidas shoes will be provided as well for those that choose to wear them. 

Boys and girls will have separate weight rooms.

Old and New gym will be updated and renovated to be on par with other 6A schools.

Baseball and softball fields will undergo some renovations.

Football team will have one helmet, 3 jerseys and 3 pants.  Maroon jersey will be the home jersey, white jersey will be the road jersey and the gold jersey will be the alternate.

Turf replacement at the Thomas Center begins on April 23rd and depending on weather will be complete in 30-45 days.

Image result for arizona state football

11 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Do we not have an Official Logo yet?

Nope and was told that no high school in Beaumont, Central, Ozen or West Brook, have official logos.  They are seeking permission to use the Miami "U" and the Baylor "BU".  The WB that West Brook uses is not official, just something a coach started using years ago and just stuck with the school. 

They are working on the school crest.

34 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Nope and was told that no high school in Beaumont, Central, Ozen or West Brook, have official logos.  They are seeking permission to use the Miami "U" and the Baylor "BU".  The WB that West Brook uses is not official, just something a coach started using years ago and just stuck with the school. 

They are working on the school crest.

That is crazy.

I was under the assumption that every school had an official logo, preferred mascot and approved Font.  

7 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

That is crazy.

I was under the assumption that every school had an official logo, preferred mascot and approved Font.  

Nope according to what we were told.  I thought so too.  For example, if Coach Louis finds some logo that he wants to use on the football helmets, he can as long as it doesn't violate any copy right laws. 

1 hour ago, PlayActionPass said:

Hmm.....

I would say probably most high schools don't have a "official" logo, unless they have rights to a logo that is copyrighted by another school such as the Miami "U".   Nederland has gone through several logos on helmets through the years, the old english "N" didn't start until August changed it and the uniform colors in '91.   They have had block "N's , the "NB" of the 80s and I'm sure several others.

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:54 AM, bobbymcgee said:

I thought the new gym was already fine for 6A basketball. 

Also, does Taylor have pictures of somebody or what? How does this guy keep getting good jobs in BISD without anything to back it up. 

The gym is fine but all of the blue and gold seats have to be switched out with maroon and gold seats, plus all the various painting and such through out the gym.

Ha, Ha...

• 2 weeks later...

Beaumont United High School 2018 Football Schedule

Friday, August 17  TBD (Scrimmage)

Friday, August 24  Pasadena Dobie (Scrimmage)

Friday, August 31 vs Houston St. Pius

Friday, September 7 @ Nederland

Saturday, September 15 vs Port Arthur Memorial

Friday, September 28 vs Baytown Sterling

Friday, October 5 @ Beaumont West Brook

Friday, October 12 vs Houston C.E. King

Thursday, October 18 vs Channelview

Friday, October 26 @ LaPorte

Saturday, November 3 vs Galena Park North Shore

Friday, November 9 @ Deer Park