ARTHUR LOUIS NAMED NEW HEAD COACH AT BEAUMONT UNITED!

DannyShapiroBE

I might be the naive one in the room, but I am impressed with the hire of Arthur Louis as the new coach.  Remember folks, the new coach at United will be charged with much more than building a new football team....he will be in many ways responsible for building a new community  As impressive as the resumes of Todd Peterman, Lydell Wilson and Kirk Botkin might be in other respects, they do not have the experience that Coach Louis has in either of those regards.  And as folks from old school Ozen remember, he was kind of successful in that regard.

As many have noted since news of the merger came about, mending of the community will be necessary.  What better man to do that than a respected member of the community?  What better man to do that than a man who BISD fans had expressed hopes would fill a BISD head coaching job, whether Central, Ozen or West Brook, every time one of those positions came open?  You need someone within the community that can command the respect of all who come to it.  Folks, whether you care to admit it or not, Arthur Louis is that man.  No he may not have been the "splashworthy" candidate that some were hoping for.  But the building that will be required here will require more than just a splash.  In Arthur Louis, you have a man who is invested in the community, and having come from a school that looked to such candidates to lead them and have had success in doing so, there is something to be said for that.

I know that there is this undercurrent, that Coach Louis is merely a placeholder and that in a couple of years one of the current Ozen or Central coaches will resume the helm.  And that may very well be the case.  However, with the outside hires that so many coveted, do you think that the coaching situation would be any more settled?  Do folks really believe that folks like Peterman or Wilson, who have state championships on their resume and coaching stops (as well as AD stints) at much bigger school districts, would have actually put down permanent stakes at a smallish 6A school made up of a couple of schools who really have no major playoff success to speak of?  If you believe so, perhaps I am not the only naive person in the room.

But the folks at United are faced with the choice.  They can, as a community, rally around Coach Louis and work as hard as they can to help build the program that many of you think it can be OR you can spend your time lamenting about the "big fish" that got away.  As Alpha Wolf, who I know to be an avid fisherman, can tell you, that second choice never gets you that far.

32 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

I might be the naive one in the room, but I am impressed with the hire of Arthur Louis as the new coach.  Remember folks, the new coach at United will be charged with much more than building a new football team....he will be in many ways responsible for building a new community  As impressive as the resumes of Todd Peterman, Lydell Wilson and Kirk Botkin might be in other respects, they do not have the experience that Coach Louis has in either of those regards.  And as folks from old school Ozen remember, he was kind of successful in that regard.

As many have noted since news of the merger came about, mending of the community will be necessary.  What better man to do that than a respected member of the community?  What better man to do that than a man who BISD fans had expressed hopes would fill a BISD head coaching job, whether Central, Ozen or West Brook, every time one of those positions came open?  You need someone within the community that can command the respect of all who come to it.  Folks, whether you care to admit it or not, Arthur Louis is that man.  No he may not have been the "splashworthy" candidate that some were hoping for.  But the building that will be required here will require more than just a splash.  In Arthur Louis, you have a man who is invested in the community, and having come from a school that looked to such candidates to lead them and have had success in doing so, there is something to be said for that.

I know that there is this undercurrent, that Coach Louis is merely a placeholder and that in a couple of years one of the current Ozen or Central coaches will resume the helm.  And that may very well be the case.  However, with the outside hires that so many coveted, do you think that the coaching situation would be any more settled?  Do folks really believe that folks like Peterman or Wilson, who have state championships on their resume and coaching stops (as well as AD stints) at much bigger school districts, would have actually put down permanent stakes at a smallish 6A school made up of a couple of schools who really have no major playoff success to speak of?  If you believe so, perhaps I am not the only naive person in the room.

But the folks at United are faced with the choice.  They can, as a community, rally around Coach Louis and work as hard as they can to help build the program that many of you think it can be OR you can spend your time lamenting about the "big fish" that got away.  As Alpha Wolf, who I know to be an avid fisherman, can tell you, that second choice never gets you that far.

+1 

like i stated If your from Beaumont you know Arthur Louis and how he reacts with the community. Hell I’m sure if he ran for mayor he’ll get a good chunk of the votes and maybe even win. He’s probably had a hand in coaching Or teaching all the kids Born in the late 70’s, 80’s, and early 90’s.  He may not have the resume but like I said he will get the kids to come out and as of right now that’s what the school needs. For kids to start back coming out and getting off the streets . To many good athletes on the north and south side of Beaumont not being productive. Good luck to the Timberwolves I’ll be in Attendance against A good Prius Team

1 hour ago, TexazBall said:

Tbh, me as a future United parent and ones ive been around and talked to all wanted an outside hire, i really think this was all the Boards doing...I feel they wanted the buddy-buddy thing, not us as football parents, cus we knew better and knew if we wanted our kids to be the most successful and play at the highest level and be competitive we needed someone outside of the usual norm..

I was personally a fan of Botkin as well as Lydell but Peterman would have been just as good if not better then both.

What would make you think that the board of managers, who have worked tirelessly to rid BISD of all the backhanded dealings and under the table agreements, would be looking for the "buddy buddy" thing? I think WOSgrad hit it on the head, they attempted to hire someone who could unite the community. Like I said before, the community needed uniting because there are too many people not willing to turn the page, even though it was entirely evident that the page needed turning.

WOSGrad, I respect your opinion on that and everyone else who feels the same way. But at the end of the day the coach has to win. It won't matter how much he can help unite the community if the team comes out and starts 1-5. Fans will be united in complaining about the team's struggles. I'm not saying he will do for sure struggle, I hope he succeeds with United. But just from being on the outside, I haven't seen anything that shows he will.

58 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

WOSGrad, I respect your opinion on that and everyone else who feels the same way. But at the end of the day the coach has to win. It won't matter how much he can help unite the community if the team comes out and starts 1-5. Fans will be united in complaining about the team's struggles. I'm not saying he will do for sure struggle, I hope he succeeds with United. But just from being on the outside, I haven't seen anything that shows he will.

I understand that folks will be watching carefully and that should the Timberwolves stumble out of the gate, there will be a chorus of "I told you that they shouldn't have hired Louis."  That happens with just about every new hire that does not come out with guns a blazin'.

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

I understand that folks will be watching carefully and that should the Timberwolves stumble out of the gate, there will be a chorus of "I told you that they shouldn't have hired Louis."  That happens with just about every new hire that does not come out with guns a blazin'.

By the same token, the reaction would be exactly the same with Peterman, Wilson or Boykin if they stumbled out of the gate.

8 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

I really understand what your saying Grad, and he very well may be the one but I just wish they would have giving everyone fair opportunity . Instead of interviewing coaches and telling them who they could and couldn’t bring. To me that’s a bias process.

10 hours ago, TexazBall said:

I really understand what your saying Grad, and he very well may be the one but I just wish they would have giving everyone fair opportunity . Instead of interviewing coaches and telling them who they could and couldn’t bring. To me that’s a bias process.

No coach was told they could not bring in coordinators and they couldn’t make the money work for one and another his family did not want to relocate to Beaumont. 

2 hours ago, BigPanther said:

No coach was told they could not bring in coordinators and they couldn’t make the money work for one and another his family did not want to relocate to Beaumont. 

So your saying we had coaches who applied for the job just becaues they could? Cause from what your saying there was no restrictions, coaches just applied and turned it down

Also

Why interview for a coaching job if your not willing to move there?? 

Not saying your right or wrong but this is not the same information i was receiving 

4 hours ago, BigPanther said:

They were told they had to keep Nelson and/or Taylor on staff as well as they couldn't bring in all of their own people that they wanted to.  That is why so many turned it down...

6 hours ago, TexazBall said:

So your saying we had coaches who applied for the job just becaues they could? Cause from what your saying there was no restrictions, coaches just applied and turned it down

Also

Why interview for a coaching job if your not willing to move there?? 

Not saying your right or wrong but this is not the same information i was receiving 

That wasn't quite what he said. He said the family wasn't willing to relocate. That makes more sense in my eyes if that was actually what was said. FSU went after the UM WRs coach but I think the wifey helped put the clamps down on that. So he's still in Coral Gables.

18 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

No spring ball for either Central or West Brook.  Both will start football practice on August 6th.  New endzone turf coming to the Thomas Center that will have a endzone for each of the 2 schools with their colors and some sort of name or logo.

Correction, the entire field will be redone.  The photo attached is just a sample and not the final rendition.  All uniforms for all extracurricular activities were approved last night for United as well as any painting, gym floor and seats to accommodate the color change.

Stadium.jpg