ARTHUR LOUIS NAMED NEW HEAD COACH AT BEAUMONT UNITED!

DannyShapiroBE

13 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Not to change sports, when are they picking the bball coach and are they gonna go about it the same way

I would think so...Our only saving grace for that is, both schools at least have decent candidates, and if they choose to go old school like Louis it would be Boutte

39 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

At least you have some time to see how things unfold and if they smooth out.  I don't have that luxury.

More power to you brother, idk how you aint called up there yet to give them a piece of your mind on how this process was handled lol

6 minutes ago, TexazBall said:

More power to you brother, idk how you aint called up there yet to give them a piece of your mind on how this process was handled lol

Oh, they know me real well.  Between visits, phone calls and e-mails, they know me.  And for at least the next 4 years.

ARTHUR LOUIS
4 years; 24-20-0; 4-1-0
1998  Beaumont Ozen           3-8-0 T
1999  Beaumont Ozen           6-5-0 R
2000  Beaumont Ozen           9-3-0*
2001  Beaumont Ozen           6-4-0 T

* All of those years were in the old 19-4a, (Lumberton, Jasper, Silsbee, Dayton and Livingston ) were in that district.  Lost to Nederland in Bi-district in 1998, 1999 and 2001.   Also lost to Nederland and PNG in non-district in 1998 and 1999.

2 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

Just some info on Coach Stowers he's not in coaching right now....but he's got a son who will be QB at Denton Guyer and he's a stud....already has a Baylor offer.....will be a sophomore next year.....talked to several at Guyer and they say Eli Stowers has a chance to be real special

This is the hidden content, please

If you were around when Stowers was at Central, this may be a shocker lol, he was always crying but I guess Stowers toughened him up real quick . Wish him nothing but success

You have to think, how much did all of the parents beating the table about tradition and history have to do with the hire of Louis? If the BISD parents would have been a bit more optimistic about the opening of a new school and all the opportunities it would bring, then maybe BISD would've been more open to going outside of the usual norms and hiring an outsider. I am sure they wanted to make those "tradition and history" parents believe they were invested in keeping the "tradition and history". Due to that, you guys got Arthur Louis rather than Todd Peterman.......simple as that IMO.

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

You have to think, how much did all of the parents beating the table about tradition and history have to do with the hire of Louis? If the BISD parents would have been a bit more optimistic about the opening of a new school and all the opportunities it would bring, then maybe BISD would've been more open to going outside of the usual norms and hiring an outsider. I am sure they wanted to make those "tradition and history" parents believe they were invested in keeping the "tradition and history". Due to that, you guys got Arthur Louis rather than Todd Peterman.......simple as that IMO.

Tbh, me as a future United parent and ones ive been around and talked to all wanted an outside hire, i really think this was all the Boards doing...I feel they wanted the buddy-buddy thing, not us as football parents, cus we knew better and knew if we wanted our kids to be the most successful and play at the highest level and be competitive we needed someone outside of the usual norm..

I was personally a fan of Botkin as well as Lydell but Peterman would have been just as good if not better then both.