ARTHUR LOUIS NAMED NEW HEAD COACH AT BEAUMONT UNITED!

DannyShapiroBE

8 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I love me some Arthur Louis but hiring someone to be head coach that hasn't coached in 9 years is a bit of a head scratcher. But, due to the fact whoever was to be hired couldn't bring their own peeps in, this is what you have to work with.

Ron Jackson said Louis will have the opportunity to bring in "one or two" outside hires but that's it.

The kids of Beaumont of are getting screwed. The new school, with a ton of potential, gets a guy who hasn't coached in a decade. On top of that he can't hire the staff he wants. Why? Out of fairness? Fairness would be naming a legitimate coach, having him interview with all coaches that were apart of Central and Ozen, and let him decide if he wanted to keep any of those guys or not. I hope for the kids that they have enough talent to overcome the ineptitude of whoever is calling the shots on this whole situation. Sad.

26 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I love me some Arthur Louis but hiring someone to be head coach that hasn't coached in 9 years is a bit of a head scratcher. But, due to the fact whoever was to be hired couldn't bring their own peeps in, this is what you have to work with.

I understand Todd Peterman former DeSoto coach applied for the job as well but not being able to bring in your own coaches is a deal breaker for most coaches 

28 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

The kids of Beaumont of are getting screwed. The new school, with a ton of potential, gets a guy who hasn't coached in a decade. On top of that he can't hire the staff he wants. Why? Out of fairness? Fairness would be naming a legitimate coach, having him interview with all coaches that were apart of Central and Ozen, and let him decide if he wanted to keep any of those guys or not. I hope for the kids that they have enough talent to overcome the ineptitude of whoever is calling the shots on this whole situation. Sad.

Shannon Allen, Assistant Superintendent

11 minutes ago, Whoa said:

Seriously, this decision is a pathetic one that further shows how incompetent and  narrow minded BISD is.

Hasn't coached in a decade.  HS TO BE A BROTHER-IN-LAW DEAL.

Supposedly it's a 2 year deal then the guy with 3 wins is supposed to take over.  Glad my 2 boys and nephew will be out of there by then if that's what happens.

24 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

I understand Todd Peterman former DeSoto coach applied for the job as well but not being able to bring in your own coaches is a deal breaker for most coaches 

This had all the makings to be really good. Dont get me wrong i like Louis but how do you hire him over Peterman, Boytkin , Lydell and names like that? 

Ill never understand how you tell a coach he cant hire his own staff, but like @Whoa jyst said. BISD just wants to do the Buddy buddy system..i feel bad for the kids, cause there the ones effected by these decisions

25 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Yep, I just confirmed his name was on the list.  I mentioned him when all this started and when they outed him at DeSota. 

5 minutes ago, TexazBall said:

This had all the makings to be really good. Dont get me wrong i like Louis but how do you hire him over Peterman, Boytkin , Lydell and names like that? 

Ill never understand how you tell a coach he cant hire his own staff, but like @Whoa jyst said. BISD just wants to do the Buddy buddy system..i feel bad for the kids, cause there the ones effected by these decisions

it was just a show.  It was rehearsed before hand.

Seems like a solid guy... not sure about hiring a coach that’s been out of coaching for 8-9 years and forcing him to recycle almost all of the old assistants. 

I mean, you can’t say anything bad about the guy, but I’m not sure he’s ready to bring the team into 6A relevance. In fact, it seems pretty unlikely. I smell a West End fix to keep the Bruins as the big dog @BISD. 

16 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

it was just a show.  It was rehearsed before hand.

It’s decisions and stuff like this that makes it hard to support your own. Like it’s just not fair to the candidates or the kids. Sometimes black people really are our own worse enemy . I know it’s not life or death but I just hate the way this process went 

l know I’ve been harping about this a lot but that’s because I have a kid who will be in the 6th grade next year smh 

5 minutes ago, TexazBall said:

It’s decisions and stuff like this that makes it hard to support your own. Like it’s just not fair to the candidates or the kids. Sometimes black people really are our own worse enemy . I know it’s not life or death but I just hate the way this process went 

l know I’ve been harping about this a lot but that’s because I have a kid who will be in the 6th grade next year smh 

At least you have some time to see how things unfold and if they smooth out.  I don't have that luxury.