ARTHUR LOUIS NAMED NEW HEAD COACH AT BEAUMONT UNITED!

DannyShapiroBE

14 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

If Matthews were to get the job, and if he could get those players at that talent level to buy in as much if not more than he has in Vidor.... all I’m gonna say if watch out, because that’s a deadly combination! I think it would be a very smart choice!

We all know he won’t get it.

If what I have read is true about not allowing a HC to bring in his own people then:

This is a sad situation for the student athletes. And this just gives bmt isd another black eye. Its funny how adults (so called professional administrators) can't learn from history, especially recent history. Shame on you all who are involved in this process. The coaching world already knew how bmtisd operated,  but now bmtisd has just shut the door on ever getting a highly qualified applicants.

This is what happens when undeserving people get in power.  dang brother inlawing

I figured this would happen when staff was told "everyone will be retained with merger"

10 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

If what I have read is true about not allowing a HC to bring in his own people then:

This is a sad situation for the student athletes. And this just gives bmt isd another black eye. Its funny how adults (so called professional administrators) can't learn from history, especially recent history. Shame on you all who are involved in this process. The coaching world already knew how bmtisd operated,  but now bmtisd has just shut the door on ever getting a highly qualified applicants.

This is what happens when undeserving people get in power.  dang brother inlawing

I figured this would happen when staff was told "everyone will be retained with merger"

Keep in mind that if this is true, it's the people still appointed by the state pulling the strings...

6 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Keep in mind that if this is true, it's the people still appointed by the state pulling the strings...

If that be .....then they ve screwed this up in a major way.....no outside (highly qualified) guy will take this job if he can’t bring in his own people. So is it safe to say Nelson or Taylor.....since everyone will be retained....

19 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

If that be .....then they ve screwed this up in a major way.....no outside (highly qualified) guy will take this job if he can’t bring in his own people. So is it safe to say Nelson or Taylor.....since everyone will be retained....

I completely agree with you...  that's why I hope this information is wrong...

1 hour ago, Teamlast said:

Not so fast my friend..... BISD is making it extremely hard for him to turn down this job. The next few days should be interesting

in what way?  Its not $.  He's already making over 100K.  Bmt don't pay that much(86k).  His kids are a junior and a senior i believe at Vidor.  I just don't see it.  And if he can't bring in his own guys i definitely dont see it.  

Please tell me how they are "making it extremely hard"

This is almost laughable

This is nothing but a sh** show. You start off by not giving the kids what they wanted as far as the hurricanes mascot becaues you didnt wanna step on anyones toes. 

Then you get to the coaching hiring process, and totally lay an egg. How do you tell a coach he cant bring in his own corrodinators? Like are you trying to hire a quality coach or not. I really believe,  its because they want to hire from within like BISD is known to do

If they can't bring their own coordinators, not many would want the job. 

But, have they been specialty told that or just that everyone will be retained? That could mean they have a job, but now instead of being the OC you're coaching the freshman B team.. 

If they can't atleast bring their own coordinators, you might as well just hire from within the district and move on. 

37 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

But, have they been specialty told that or just that everyone will be retained? That could mean they have a job, but now instead of being the OC you're coaching the freshman B team.. 

If they can't atleast bring their own coordinators, you might as well just hire from within the district and move on. 

Bisd current scenario works only if they hire from within or a throwback....No reputable applicant will accept not hiring their own offensive and defensive coordinators..It's time to make the call in house or a quality throwback...jmo

50 minutes ago, JustUs said:

Bisd current scenario works only if they hire from within or a throwback....No reputable applicant will accept not hiring their own offensive and defensive coordinators..It's time to make the call in house or a quality throwback...jmo

If they was gonna do that, they shoulda just chose from Taylor and Nelson from the beginning, smh , At least then we’d know who the HC is and prepping for Spring Ball 

also did anyone find out if the salaries for both jobs ( United & Westbrook) went up to $100,000?

12 hours ago, TexazBall said:

This is nothing but a sh** show. You start off by not giving the kids what they wanted as far as the hurricanes mascot becaues you didnt wanna step on anyones toes. 

Then you get to the coaching hiring process, and totally lay an egg. How do you tell a coach he cant bring in his own corrodinators? Like are you trying to hire a quality coach or not. I really believe,  its because they want to hire from within like BISD is known to do

A sh*t show being ran by Shannon Allen, Assistant Superintendent and soon to be Superintendent.  Man I couldn't agree with you more on this.  Beaumont United Hurricanes would have been a whole lot better sounding and a mascot that the KIDS could relate to.

Allen is trying to give this job to Taylor.  I don't know how they are intertwined but that's what's happening.  She is smart enough to know that if you don't allow an outside HC to bring in his own people or at least some of his own people, they won't except the job.  Ron Jackson, Athletic Director, is not calling the shots.  He is just the face and the puppet.  She's calling the shots but he is the one who will get all the backlash that will come with this hiring. 

8 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

I know for a fact that the Wilson coach was told that he had to keep either keep Taylor or Nelson on staff as a coordinator.  I don't think it was both but at least one of them.  He was also told that he needed to win state next year and he started laughing.  That's how that interview went.  They were not trying to really hire that guy, just going through the process to appease everyone else.  After that interview, they tried to get him to come back for a 2nd interview and sent in an e-mail requesting that his name be removed from the list of candidates.   

6 hours ago, D3zii said:

If they was gonna do that, they shoulda just chose from Taylor and Nelson from the beginning, smh , At least then we’d know who the HC is and prepping for Spring Ball 

also did anyone find out if the salaries for both jobs ( United & Westbrook) went up to $100,000?

True but they scratched Nelson from the list for an infraction that he inherited, that wasn't actually his.  I agree on the Spring ball part, much needed. 

Some of the guys have been offered around $115K but turned it down due to having to keep holdovers on their staff.  AL, DS and TF were even offered despite not even putting in for the United job and turned it down for various reasons.  One of those names did put in for the PA job along with a couple of BISD holdovers by the way. 

32 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

I know for a fact that the Wilson coach was told that he had to keep either keep Taylor or Nelson on staff as a coordinator.  I don't think it was both but at least one of them.  He was also told that he needed to win state next year and he started laughing.  That's how that interview went.  They were not trying to really hire that guy, just going through the process to appease everyone else.  After that interview, they tried to get him to come back for a 2nd interview and sent in an e-mail requesting that his name be removed from the list of candidates.   

Lol. Wow..I would say in unbelievable, but seems like it's not that far out of the norm.