ARTHUR LOUIS NAMED NEW HEAD COACH AT BEAUMONT UNITED!

DannyShapiroBE

18 hours ago, TexazBall said:

So does that mean the coach Alpha Was talking about didn’t make it?

I hope Danny is right in that the search has narrowed.  What I do know for a fact is that 2 coaches were offered the job and their name isn't on the list.  The Ozen throwback, like I said in a earlier post, stated that he didn't have the energy to start a new program and the Central throwback would be taking a $30-50K paycut to come here. 

4 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

I hope Danny is right in that the search has narrowed.  What I do know for a fact is that 2 coaches were offered the job and their name isn't on the list.  The Ozen throwback, like I said in a earlier post, stated that he didn't have the energy to start a new program and the Central throwback would be taking a $30-50K paycut to come here. 

Suggs? 

On 2/23/2018 at 4:41 PM, ice74 said:

Kirk Botkin is worth looking at, not because of his record but looking at where he has coached over the years I think he should be real contender if he interviews well.  Coached under Spurrier at South Carolina, Defensive Coordinator at South Carolina State after that, University of Arkansas, and now at Dekaney.  I could be totally off but it is an intriguing pick in my opinion.

BISD, this is your man make the call and let's get it moving. All that throw back and use to be homey-business is ludicrous... Procrastinating is wasting time. This new program desperately needs spring practice.. The new coach and AD can get those needed uniforms and work out the logistics for practices. Come on man it dont take rocket science to get the process finalized.

1 hour ago, JustUs said:

BISD, this is your man make the call and let's get it moving. All that throw back and use to be homey-business is ludicrous... Procrastinating is wasting time. This new program desperately needs spring practice.. The new coach and AD can get those needed uniforms and work out the logistics for practices. Come on man it dont take rocket science to get the process finalized.

It's due process..  H-F as well as Memorial are trying to fill their vacancies as well.  

22 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Would that $30-50k person happen to be Forman?

18 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

It's due process..  H-F as well as Memorial are trying to fill their vacancies as well.  

It's pathetic my friend when "Due Process" becomes another back room deal. I'm in shock and speechless. Not allowing the best qualified applicant to hire his own defensive and 

offensive coordinators was a deal breaker. So he walks out and United settles for well it'll be announced soon enough.. ..Teddy Pendergrass song says it best "The Whole Town Is Laughing At Me "  

2 hours ago, JustUs said:

It's pathetic my friend when "Due Process" becomes another back room deal. I'm in shock and speechless. Not allowing the best qualified applicant to hire his own defensive and 

offensive coordinators was a deal breaker. So he walks out and United settles for well it'll be announced soon enough.. ..Teddy Pendergrass song says it best "The Whole Town Is Laughing At Me "  

You are 100% percent correct.  They are trying to keep several people from the 2 programs and that's not how it works in the football coaching world.  Head Coaches are usually allowed to bring their own people if the choose.  It's a trust thing.  How can the new regime trust that old holdovers are not trying to sabotage them?  Several have turned it down for that reason.

7 hours ago, The Icon said:

I had heard they were supposed to name someone last night... I'm out of the loop I guess

Deadline is next Thursday if not sooner that they want to have made a hire.  Interviews are still scheduled for next week.  Shocked me when I heard a particular current head coach in the golden triangle has an interview next week.