ARTHUR LOUIS NAMED NEW HEAD COACH AT BEAUMONT UNITED!

DannyShapiroBE

2 hours ago, bigdog said:

Nothing on Botkin. It looks like Jordan is the only one of the four discussed so far that has a decent record.

AUDIE JACKSON
10 years; 50-52-0; 4-1-0
—staff, Dallas Hillcrest—
2008  Willis                           5-4-0
2009  Willis                           3-7-0
2010  Willis                           8-4-0 R
2011  Willis                           8-3-0 C 
2012  Willis                           2-8-0
2013  Willis                           3-7-0
2014  Willis                           6-4-0
2015  Willis                           6-5-0 F
2016  Willis                           7-4-0 F
2017  Willis                           2-6-0

J.D. JORDAN
6 years; 46-24-0; 6-3-0
2010  Alief Taylor             10-2-0*
2011  Alief Taylor               7-5-0 R
2012  Alief Taylor               8-4-0*
2013  Alief Taylor               8-4-0*
2014  Alief Taylor               6-5-0 F
2015  Alief Taylor               7-4-0 R

Was Jordan the head coach at Taylor?

If so they had some really good teams in thoes years but under performed at times.

6 hours ago, ice74 said:

Does anyone know anything about Kirk Botkin, Audie Jackson, or JD Jordan?

Botkin graduated from Baytown Lee, played college ball at Arkansas, played in the NFL for a few years, coached under Spurrier at SC, coached at South Carolina State University. He would be an interesting hire IMO.

Botkin should get it imo...he might not have been a HC but his resume speaks volumes and you have to start somewhere. 

Wilson amd Jordan has been sub-par imo. Like someone said earlier Jordan has always had talent but hasnt done much with it , i think he did go 3rounds one year tho. 

Wilsons only had 4 winning seasons out of 16 and he needed NFL superstars to achieve that . If your good at what you do, i feel your more succesful then that no matter what. Ive seen good coaches do more with less talent then coaches with the most

Kirk Botkin should get job. He can coach some defense very well. Being a former tight end, he can relate to linemen on blocking, wrs with catching. He coached defense and special teams with Bobby Petrino in Arkansas. I’m sure if he is hired he will bring in other great assistants with him with college experience get the boys ready. He has great college connections since he has coached a little bit of everywhere with high names and can get the boys into a college after high school which is just as important in building young men. 

2 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Kirk Botkin should get job. He can coach some defense very well. Being a former tight end, he can relate to linemen on blocking, wrs with catching. He coached defense and special teams with Bobby Petrino in Arkansas. I’m sure if he is hired he will bring in other great assistants with him with college experience get the boys ready. He has great college connections since he has coached a little bit of everywhere with high names and can get the boys into a college after high school which is just as important in building young men. 

Exactly,  not to mention SCSU has had some of the better defenses on the FCS level, so ones thing for sure he knows his X's and O's and has experience with some of the best college coaches

On 2/24/2018 at 7:30 AM, navydawg31 said:

He s had other former nfl players on his coaching staff as well.....Earnest Rhône (still coaching) and Cody Spencer (not coaching)....

very intriguing indeed.  West Brook could be challenged ......nope .....wait....will be challenged.

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:52 PM, bobbymcgee said:

Lydell Wilson only won at Lamar Consol because the Rodgers brothers. He was not great at CE King and he has just been so so at Seven Lakes. Would not be a bad hire and probably the best on that list. But temper your expectations if that’s the best BISD can get. 

Ok, I've been off the site since Friday evening preparing for a fishing tournament and family time.

Well I received information during this time away that Wilson has withdrawn from consideration due to his wife not wanting to move from Katy to Beaumont.  Prior to me getting this information, and not having much time to do research, I was thinking that he was the best candidate.  Guess I got mesmerized by the state championship ring.  But after doing some research, I don't know.  It's irrelevant at this point.     

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:30 AM, navydawg31 said:

I'd personally prefer a guy with HC experience but this is major to me.  2 kids getting the opportunity to play at the next level from Central this year is totally unacceptable when we were averaging 10+ a year, even if it was at Mom & Pop University.   

55 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

He s had other former nfl players on his coaching staff as well.....Earnest Rhône (still coaching) and Cody Spencer (not coaching)....

very intriguing indeed.  West Brook could be challenged ......nope .....wait....will be challenged.

You know the funny part, a new little league football team was announced recently in Beaumont called the Timberwolves, using the maroon and gold.  Its a split from the Bulldogs who were locked in on kids only living in the West End.  The team will get it's kids from the Beaumont United living area.  If successful and able to survive, it will have kids at an early age wanting to be Timberwolves.   

4 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

Looks like one of the coaches (Blue Star Man) on the list created a thread to get you all's opinions on who should get this job.  :).  All he had to do was come over to this one...smh.

I wanted to see the eliminated coaches. Hell I didn’t even know the process was that far along!!

On 2/23/2018 at 4:36 PM, bigdog said:

Wright was in Houston ISD, so take that as you will.   Jordan played different sets of teams over the years, including Pearland and the FB teams.

True story. When I was running backs coach at Westbury, the level of competition was poor. Outside of Lamar and Bellaire, and occasionally Reagan aka Heights, HISD is pretty rough.

Talked to a friend of mine the other day, and I think ppl forget the talent Ozen has. he showed me two Soph D-Linemen, one was 6’3 340 the other was 6’2, 240.and both could go.. one is actually being looks at already by Baylor.

everyone is going off the JV and Freshman teams to determine the new schools future, but forget Ozen played a lot of Underclassman on Varsity as well as Central but not as much

i believe whoever gets the job will be inheriting a good group of athletes and players not to mention all the original kids United will get back from Brook due to the zone rules being enforced ..this imo is a very underrated job (as you can tell from the coaching list, at least in my opinion) and I just hope they make the right decision of who takes control