My 47th straight state tourney

2 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

What are some of the memories that stand out the most?  Most exciting games, interesting people?

My very first year. I was an 8 year old kid taking in the Dallas Roosevelt vs. Houston Wheatley state semifinal game which Roosevelt won 111-109. Game was in Gregory Gym and the place was electric. Jammed pack gym that had folks climbing out on top of the roof looking thru the windows watching the game. UNBELIEVABLE!! Safe to say, I was hooked.

Lot's of memories made with those trips with my father. He made 50 straight before he became too ill to go then passed away in 2010. I am just carrying on the tradition.

I'll have to come back to this thread with some other memories that stand out.

39 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

My very first year. I was an 8 year old kid taking in the Dallas Roosevelt vs. Houston Wheatley state semifinal game which Roosevelt won 111-109. Game was in Gregory Gym and the place was electric. Jammed pack gym that had folks climbing out on top of the roof looking thru the windows watching the game. UNBELIEVABLE!! Safe to say, I was hooked.

Lot's of memories made with those trips with my father. He made 50 straight before he became too ill to go then passed away in 2010. I am just carrying on the tradition.

Great one but uhhh I think I have a gimme......last years 4A state final!!!!

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:47 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

Think I was at the game.  Did Roosevelt have player named Ira Terrell in it?

I watched Eddie Owens play for Wheatley against West Orange  in a warm up game that year and Jackie Carr did not pick a starting line up until right before the game.  he simply walked past each player on the bench and pointed to a player selected at that moment to start. A close friend of mine was coaching West Orange that year and after the game, he broke his hand hitting a wall.