Brenham is Open

I was shocked by this one. Coach West turned football around in my hometown. He was always very helpful when I was the head coach at Brenham Christian. He had a three state championship appearances, in 02 vs. Denton Ryan and in 09 and 14 vs. Aledo, but just couldn't get over the hump.  He also had a few guys that played NFL ball, like Malcolm Brown for the Patriots and Limas Sweed for Pittsburgh.  He also hired my soccer coach from Bob Hope last year lol. 

I think he left a last impression on that program and they should pull some strong applicants for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, 90yshallow said:

Took my kids there last summer....We all ate the Cookie Monster Blue Texas Two-Step ice cream...8 Hours later it was Incredible Hulk Green.

Matches the uniforms 

I wonder how much of that new chocolate peanut butter cookie ice cream that new coach get 

5 hours ago, Ryanp said:

Word around the sawhorse is that this hire might make some local impact

Can't give away too much info, but let's just say that the new "ice cream man" might be familiar to those of us who have followed football in the general area

This is the hidden content, please

Stratford's Eliot Allen has been named lone finalist by

to be the Cubs' next Head Football Coach and Athletic Director. Allen's name will be presented to the board for approval on Monday April 2nd.

On 3/29/2018 at 4:36 PM, WOSgrad said:

Stratford's Eliot Allen has been named lone finalist by

to be the Cubs' next Head Football Coach and Athletic Director. Allen's name will be presented to the board for approval on Monday April 2nd.

called it!

Truth is the working conditions in that ice cream plant are pretty terrible.  Most of the people work straight through the weekend with no pay and no benefits. As I understand it many lives have been lost in the moose tracks mixer but blue bell has so much pull with the governor they don't have to adhere to any safety standards or be held responsible for accidents, I guess those folks are just too dang tired to head over to a high school football game, but the bell family runs that town with an iron fist so nobody has been able to do much about it

1 hour ago, Ryanp said:

Truth is the working conditions in that ice cream plant are pretty terrible.  Most of the people work straight through the weekend with no pay and no benefits. As I understand it many lives have been lost in the moose tracks mixer but blue bell has so much pull with the governor they don't have to adhere to any safety standards or be held responsible for accidents, I guess those folks are just too dang tired to head over to a high school football game, but the bell family runs that town with an iron fist so nobody has been able to do much about it

You my sir need serious help.

But, he was referring to Stratford not Brenham. Brenham has and always will have great fans.

1 hour ago, PlayActionPass said:

You my sir need serious help.

But, he was referring to Stratford not Brenham. Brenham has and always will have great fans.

I'll agree that the fans are great, especially considering the hardships they are forced to endure at the hands of their ice cream covered masters, did you know that the dryer ice cream empire was started when a group of blue bell employees were able to tunnel under the wire of the "rocky road rehabilitation and programming detention center" ?