Hey Bayou City 713 and SportsJunkie32, where are you??

Mainly Bayou City but I have read all these remarks about how deep Yates was and how they were going to run Silsbee to a loss and other little snide remarks...yet I haven’t heard a word from either of you since about 2:30 today!   Where r y’all at?????

SportsJunkie has responded and I think he was appreciative of the game Silsbee played. Bayou on the other hand has disappeared. It was a great game. Nothing to be ashamed of. The Tigers stepped up at the right time. I am so proud of these young men. Now, they need to finish it.

2 hours ago, ST413 said:

Mainly Bayou City but I have read all these remarks about how deep Yates was and how they were going to run Silsbee to a loss and other little snide remarks...yet I haven’t heard a word from either of you since about 2:30 today!   Where r y’all at?????

You have a mean streak ST.  Lol

Yates is known as a team that applies full court pressure and runs, runs, runs. Yates met a Tiger team that is better than them, more talented, runs better and more heart. Yates tried to run with a team that runs and in the fourth quarter Yates was running out of gas and the Tigers was putting the afterburners on. TigerNation!!!

I forget McCain’s exact quote with Danny but it something like - they like to play fast and we like to play fast.  We just did it better.   

Thought the kid hit the nail on the head.  Except I would have said they “do” it better.   This tiger team isn’t unbeatable.  But it’s going to be really hard beating them at their own game.  In fact, a team like Argyle would scare me a lot more than Yates against Silsbee.  

3 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I forget McCain’s exact quote with Danny but it something like - they like to play fast and we like to play fast.  We just did it better.   

Thought the kid hit the nail on the head.  Except I would have said they “do” it better.   This tiger team isn’t unbeatable.  But it’s going to be really hard beating them at their own game.  In fact, a team like Argyle would scare me a lot more than Yates against Silsbee.  

I was happy to see Lincoln beat Argyle!!

6 hours ago, STiger85 said:

Yates is known as a team that applies full court pressure and runs, runs, runs. Yates met a Tiger team that is better than them, more talented, runs better and more heart. Yates tried to run with a team that runs and in the fourth quarter Yates was running out of gas and the Tigers was putting the afterburners on. TigerNation!!!

I was thinking in this case that depth may have hurt Yates a little.  We ran all year mainly with 8 or 9 guys in the bigger games...getting our 8 or 9 in better and better shape.  Their main guys didn’t play as many minutes if they used that depth all the time....so they may have tired out quicker.  As deep as they were those towards the back end we’re definitely not going to be a match for our top 8 or 9.