Silsbee 120 Houston Yates 103/FINAL/TIGERS HEAD BACK TO SAN ANTONIO!!!

1 hour ago, wosfan1992 said:

I will say this though , I would’ve loved to see #23 not get in serious foul trouble to see how much more competitive would’ve been. He’s for sure a bad man.

Too bad!!! On to the next one.  He had a very very bad temper. He has been suspended a few times this year and I watched coach Wise tell him one more word and go to the locker room. I was sitting right above Yates bench. 

13 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Just watched a more talented Kansas Jayhawk team lose to Oklahoma state by 20 and recently watched a more talented Golden State Warrior team get hammered by Denver.

Oh it happens...and they may have had more depth. But the answer here is these Tigers are Winners!!

47 minutes ago, ST413 said:

It’s not decided by the bracket.  It’s decided by putting the 2 with the best records which will be Carter and Somerset unless I am mistaken.  Then they draw the other 2 to see who they play.

Hope it' Silsbee vs Somerset. Let's see if we can get Carter and Silsbee in the final. 

Just made it back home from Huntsville....time to brag just a little bit....yesterday while sitting behind some Yates fans while they were playing Liberty Hill,i made a comment that Liberty Hill early in the game seems to be holding their own with Yates...the guy talked so much noise about how they want Silsbee soooo bad...i'll tell y'all what i told him....Be careful what you wish for....Great game Tigers... On to San Antonio

13 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

UIL & max sports said we play Seminole next.

That’s just based off the brackets but will not know until probably tomorrow at the earliest.  The uil bracket is done by max preps that’s why they match.  We have this same discussion every year.

38 points in the fourth quarter.  I had a feeling Yates would wilt at the end.  Not because they are weak or lack talent or character or drive or the will to win.  They have all those things.  They were simply mentally exhausted.  They were pressuring Silsbee but they were also pressuring themselves.  That frantic defensive pace had worked on lesser teams.  They had broken lesser teams.  But Silsbee seemed to be ENJOYING IT!  The Tigers were enjoying the challenge of the super high pressure defense.  Bring it on!  Let's rock!  The Tigers were obviously tired but they were still happy in their work.  And that was a new experience for Yates.  

You could tell by the look on their faces that they were getting brittle and about to break.  They got that 4 point lead early in the 4th but even then you could see them starting the slide.  They were looking at each other with that, "What is it gonna take?" look.  

Wise is a good coach but he should have called a full time out the instant Silsbee caught them.  Apparently he didn't see it or didn't believe it.  By the time he started calling time outs it was far too late.

14 hours ago, stevenash said:

Just watched a more talented Kansas Jayhawk team lose to Oklahoma state by 20 and recently watched a more talented Golden State Warrior team get hammered by Denver.

Yeah it happens....

I remember watching a more talented 2006-2007 Silsbee Basketball team lose at the regional finals in OT. They should have won state that year. 

The following is quotes from the Houston Chron web site from Greg Wise head coach of Yates.

“The teams that make it to state will all be good, but I don’t know that they’ll get challenged like this,” Yates coach Greg Wise said. “They’re the No. 1 team in the state, but I don’t think we’re too far behind.”

“They took my best player out of the game, and I didn’t feel like that was fair,” Wise said. “You’ve got to give Silsbee the credit for the win, but once (Seraille) came out, that took away our inside game. That took away a lot of the things we had planned to do.”

This is the hidden content, please

He gives Silsbee the credit for the win but feels like he was cheated for not having his best player in the game except for 8 minutes for the entire game. To me he is a tad bit soar. Who know what would have happened but that is basketball.

5 minutes ago, tennisbc said:

The following is quotes from the Houston Chron web site from Greg Wise head coach of Yates.

“The teams that make it to state will all be good, but I don’t know that they’ll get challenged like this,” Yates coach Greg Wise said. “They’re the No. 1 team in the state, but I don’t think we’re too far behind.”

“They took my best player out of the game, and I didn’t feel like that was fair,” Wise said. “You’ve got to give Silsbee the credit for the win, but once (Seraille) came out, that took away our inside game. That took away a lot of the things we had planned to do.”

This is the hidden content, please

He gives Silsbee the credit for the win but feels like he was cheated for not having his best player in the game except for 8 minutes for the entire game. To me he is a tad bit soar. Who know what would have happened but that is basketball.

Interesting to see him recognize Mitch as his best player, which I personally agree with.  However, I would try and get my best player more looks than alley oops off steals or offensive rebound put backs.  In the several times I saw Yates play, that was his primary involvement or uninvolvement on the offensive end. 

Mitch or no Mitch, I personally don’t believe this silsbee team would be denied.  Likely would have been closer though, that I will concede.