Some NBA Teams Play Negro Natl Anthem

Hagar

This is the hidden content, please

Negro national anthem?  Is that inclusiveness?  I was under the assumption the The Star-Spangled Banner was for all Americans.  Would it be appropriate for the Atlanta Hawks to play Dixie?  Why not?  Oh, it might offend someone?  I wonder if what they're referring to in this story offends anyone (besides me)?  I don't want to hear the Irish National Anthem, nor Australia's.  

I will again relay the article I read in the Parade's Ask Marilyn Column some years back.  The column was a question/answer variety, and the lady, Marilyn Vos Savant, had the highest IQ recorded at the time.  I forget the specifics of the question but it pertained to, "Was 'such in such' a danger to the American way of life".  Her response was, "I think hyphenating Americans was the biggest danger".  Examples:. African-American, Italian-Americans, Mexican-Americans, etc, etc..  And I heard an interesting question recently by a comedian.  If an African-American moved to South Africa, would he be an African-African?  

We sing "lift every voice" at my church.  I love that song.  It is usually during February, but it sounds good anytime.  I go to church; I seldom attend nba games in person.  I can't afford the tickets.

Hyphenated, un hyphenated it doesn't matter.  America is not going to be here forever.  Citizenship in heaven will be forever.  Stuff that is so important now will be gone and forgotten.  The sea beast and the land beast of rev 13 will be burned up, ashes, in the lake of fire.   So will this msg board.

5 hours ago, stevenash said:

If none of this matters, then "social justice causes" don't matter as well, right?   If none of this matters, tearing down statues of confederate soldiers should not matter, right?

They don't matter that much to  me. I can't answer for everyone else.

John 14:1-3 King James Version (KJV)

14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

The official title of the son is Life Every Voice and Sing.  Someone came along and gave it the sub title The Negro National Anthem.   To me it is just a positive, uplifting song.  I don't feel any less american after I've heard it sung.    As for the song being sung at NBA game, probably at the all star game,  I didn't know about that.  I can't remember the last time I actually watched the NBA all star game.

I'm sure the song is a great song, but the new name is divisive.  It implies one group of Americans is more important than all Americans.  Would the NBA allow a song named the "Caucasian National Anthem" to be sung?  I hope not, and that's the point - it has nothing to do with the song, it's the new title given it.  The left constantly preaches inclusiveness.  Tears down statues, and has cardiac arrest over a flag, but this is okay?  In the US, it used to be live and let live.  Now it's live how the left wants you to live.  Sorry, but I for one am tired of the left dictating what's okay and what's not okay.  

26 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I'm sure the song is a great song, but the new name is divisive.  It implies one group of Americans is more important than all Americans.  Would the NBA allow a song named the "Caucasian National Anthem" to be sung?  I hope not, and that's the point - it has nothing to do with the song, it's the new title given it.  The left constantly preaches inclusiveness.  Tears down statues, and has cardiac arrest over a flag, but this is okay?  In the US, it used to be live and let live.  Now it's live how the left wants you to live.  Sorry, but I for one am tired of the left dictating what's okay and what's not okay.  

+1

More and more folks are figuring out that what the left says is OK is not really OK.

Their policy results are their own worst enemy.

That song been around since 1900.  I hear and sing it mostly at church.  I love that song.  If we went around quoting some crazy rap lyrics you would be yapping about that.

As the saying goes do what you feel is best in your heart, because somebody, somewhere is always going to be critical of whatever you do.   Some time waster on some back water msg board will not approve, but who cares?  SMH you guys are a mess.

10 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

That song been around since 1900.  I hear and sing it mostly at church.  I love that song.  If we went around quoting some crazy rap lyrics you would be yapping about that.

As the saying goes do what you feel is best in your heart, because somebody, somewhere is always going to be critical of whatever you do.   Some time waster on some back water msg board will not approve, but who cares?  SMH you guys are a mess.

..... Says the guy wasting time on a back water message board. The National Anthem is for everyone. This one is for blacks only...... How divisive. Can we have a white anthem? Do I need your permission? ......NOT.

49 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Not trying to put you down Kountzer, just ask that you take a moment to look at it from our side.  And it's not to make you agree, but simply to understand.  

I doubt you'll hear Dixie being played at any ball games.  And though many don't believe it, many of us like the song, for the words and it's been around since 1859, NOT because it has any racist connotations to us, just dad gum like it.  But it offends many others, so it's not played.