TXHoops/Shaka

Tigers2010

1 hour ago, CRUSHCOACH said:

Dangit ! Texas needed that WIN last night ! Twenty wins looks a whole lot better to the tournament committee than 19. Still think they get in though.

I think they’re in for sure.  I think the committee is really going to want OU in and we finished with one more win and swept them.   Gonna be hard to leave us out. 

On 3/2/2018 at 8:33 AM, Aces_Full said:

The roster is not where it needs to be.  This season has been a disappointment.  What makes you think Shaka is a good coach?  I think in the Big 12, he is an average to below average coach.  Texas needs better. 

It’s like all Texas fans just skipped over this comment.

16 hours ago, UTfanatic said:

Who?

It’s like some think we should respond to every dumb comment someone makes.  I thought one in particular couldn’t be anymore assinine than he is on the board until you read his clueless (albeit grammatically unreadable) drivel on the HS boards.  But everyone ignores him and doesn’t even comment lol.  And I’m not talking about Aces_Full. 

15 hours ago, TxHoops said:

It’s like some think we should respond to every dumb comment someone makes.  I thought one in particular couldn’t be anymore assinine than he is on the board until you read his clueless (albeit grammatically unreadable) drivel on the HS boards.  But everyone ignores him and doesn’t even comment lol.  And I’m not talking about Aces_Full. 

It must be hard when you can only post from work or Starbucks!

free WiFi 

Guest ECBucFan

For the life of me I don't see whats perceived so magical about SS. Little Southland conference SFA bounced him and his so called "havoc" defense at VCU in the first round in 2014, and nondescript Nevada just bounced him out now. In his ten year career, his teams have finished ranked just twice, barely. VCU 2014 24th, and VCU 2015 25th. 

21 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Interesting 

This is the hidden content, please

If offered, he has to take it.  You are never going to make $8m a year coaching CBB in this state.  There are a half a dozen schools or so that are at a different level in pay scale.  Plus, every one of those guys want to coach at a school where basketball is king.  

I kind of expected them to back up the truck with Beard.   They could just money whip the heck out of Tech without even being close.  It would still surprise me if Shaka was their target. 

9 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

What will they do without his 6 points, 1 Rebound, and 0.7 Assists per game?

Never should have been offered.  Other than a heater or two, did very little.  6’ shooting guards are not in high demand at the high D1 level.   We were literally about 10 steps above the other offers he was getting. I think he accepted before Shaka got “we” out of his mouth.  

7 hours ago, About a week ago said:

He would have been a key contributor next season, IMO. 

If he would have, we would have been pretty terrible.  He is way over his head at that level.  By the way, not saying we won’t be...just saying in general.  

Injuries killed us.  He was one of a few guys that was getting serious minutes at the end that would have been playing single digit minutes if Jones and Davis had still been playing.  

8 hours ago, TxHoops said:

If he would have, we would have been pretty terrible.  He is way over his head at that level.  By the way, not saying we won’t be...just saying in general.  

Injuries killed us.  He was one of a few guys that was getting serious minutes at the end that would have been playing single digit minutes if Jones and Davis had still been playing.  

Well I was wrong then lol! 

Honestly I only noticed him in 3 games this season, and looking at the stats they were his best three games. And they were late in the season