Bush-Tompkins final seconds

TxHoops

Wow this is one bitter pill to swallow.  Tie game, Bush with foul to give.  Tompkins in bounds and Bush player runs into Tompkins’ Eden Holt as time expires.  Holt falls and drops ball.  Refs give Tompkins three shots to win it.  Very close but looks as if contact even came after buzzer  

I hate referees (except for one who posts here who is actually pretty darn good)   

This is the hidden content, please

9 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Wow this is one bitter pill to swallow.  Tie game, Bush with foul to give.  Tompkins in bounds and Bush player runs into Tompkins’ Eden Holt as time expires.  Holt falls and drops ball.  Refs give Tompkins three shots to win it.  Very close but looks as if contact even came after buzzer  

I hate referees (except for one who posts here who is actually pretty darn good)   

Looking at this first video it appears the ref made the correct call. Player was fouled at .2

Been officiating for two full seasons now. Tough call to make but I would’ve made the same call at that position.

4 minutes ago, KHSAlum400 said:

Looking at this first video it appears the ref made the correct call. Player was fouled at .2

Been officiating for two full seasons now. Tough call to make but I would’ve made the same call at that position.

Foul maybe.  Shooting foul no.   Player pump fakes, gets fouled and drops ball.   At best, Tompkins gets an inbound from corner with .2.  Botched and botched horribly. 

Delmar parking lot was packed. I work two blocks from there. The game started at 6pm I didn't get fully checked out of work until 6:45pm.  I thought about going but I didn't feel like paying full price for a partial game.  I didn't think it was worth it. Wrong!   Also I am fighting a cold or flu like symptoms.  Bottom line I missed some good games at Delmar both Monday and Tuesday.

8 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Absolutely.  And one of the toughest PGs around.  But also proof how hard it is to repeat.  Falls had everyone back from last year’s championship team.  

It cannot be overlooked the importance of Weaver for that Cy Falls team. They become beatable the minute he went down for the year

Fantastic game to attend and the atmosphere was great!

50 minutes ago, CThoops said:

It cannot be overlooked the importance of Weaver for that Cy Falls team. They become beatable the minute he went down for the year

Fantastic game to attend and the atmosphere was great!

No doubt.  DJ has battled injuries since he was a young kid.  Here’s hoping he finds a healthy career at Oral Roberts.  

10 hours ago, KHSAlum400 said:

I agree.  Looks like a shooting foul.

11 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Absolutely.  And one of the toughest PGs around.  But also proof how hard it is to repeat.  Falls had everyone back from last year’s championship team.  

at any level this is true. We made it to the state tournament 3 years in a row in high school and every year it was 3 different teams there with us. 

He’s never going up.   The only shooting motion he makes is on the ball fake.  I think you’re right that contact was made with .2 seconds left.  He falls backwards and the ball comes out of his hands clearly after the clock reads double zero.  Trying to find a shot in there is just...well nvm.   I stand by my previous statement. 

12 minutes ago, bradyb said:

I might be seeing it wrong but I see him leave the floor going UP, gets knocked back while trying to shoot the ball.... WHy would he not shoot if he knows there is 1 second left? Tough call either way

I don’t know what you’re seeing but there’s two angles.  I agree he leaves the floor (going backwards not up) when a player runs into him.  He didn’t get a shot off, up or otherwise because he chose to pump fake with 1.1 seconds left.  Gets a player flying into him with approx .2 seconds left and then falls backwards and loses the ball out of bounds after buzzer.  Trying to find a shot in there is just trying to find a shot in there.  I would argue that without the time factor, still is an awful call because there was NEVER a shooting motion, prior to or during the foul.   Only way the kid goes to the line is if it’s a bonus situation, which it wasn’t. 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

I don’t know what you’re seeing but there’s two angles.  I agree he leaves the floor (going backwards not up) when a player runs into him.  He didn’t get a shot off, up or otherwise because he chose to pump fake with 1.1 seconds left.  Gets a player flying into him with approx .2 seconds left and then falls backwards and loses the ball out of bounds after buzzer.  Trying to find a shot in there is just trying to find a shot in there.  I would argue that without the time factor, still is an awful call because there was NEVER a shooting motion, prior to or during the foul.   Only way the kid goes to the line is if it’s a bonus situation, which it wasn’t. 

I can understand that