Silsbee vs Waco Connally 8pm Friday Night Huntsville

BADSANTA

Silsbee by 8.

No easy wins from here on out. Don't like the fact that we didn't crush Scarborough after the 1st quarter tonight. Gotta be honest. I give this team a 50 percent chance of winning it again this year. Unlike last year where, with the exception of the Argyle game, it felt like a formality.

Our big three can't have an off night.

Yates has had a somewhat easier road to Huntsville.  All unranked opponents.  And now facing unranked Liberty Hill.  I'm afraid the Panthers are about to get steamrollered unless they can somehow take the air out of the ball and turn it into a half court game.  Very unlikely.

Tigers will have a better game.  Based on the Tigers last two games it figures to be close with the Tigers pulling way at the end.  Connolly isn't a high scoring team, couple of games in the 90's.  But they are competent, ranked 17th.

Only Region 4 is easy to call.  Brazosport has a cakewalk of sorts.  Facing No. 22 Somerset then No. 15 West Oso.  They will overpower those guys.  The other three regions are tossups.  No way to call it.  Region 1 has No. 8, No. 9, No. 10 and No. 11 - Region 2 has No. 4, No. 5, No. 6 and an unranked.  Region 3 has No. 1, No. 2, No. 17 and an unranked.  It will be an interesting weekend in 4A.  

10 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Silsbee by 8.

No easy wins from here on out. Don't like the fact that we didn't crush Scarborough after the 1st quarter tonight. Gotta be honest. I give this team a 50 percent chance of winning it again this year. Unlike last year where, with the exception of the Argyle game, it felt like a formality.

Our big three can't have an off night.

You do realize that Silsbee will playing all the ranked teams in Region 3 to get back to state? This isn't last year. The team they beat last night lost to Yates by 15 and 16 during district. Scarborough wasn' a bad team. Silsbee won by 23. 

5 hours ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

The defending champs that brought back the majority of there team should steamroll Waco Connally and make a statement to the other teams in 4A. 

Silsbee +42

wow if that’s the case The number 2 team in the state should pitch a shutout on an unranked Liberty hill should be  98-0.

59 minutes ago, ST413 said:

wow if that’s the case The number 2 team in the state should pitch a shutout on an unranked Liberty hill should be  98-0.

No shutout at this stage of the game, Number #1 against  #17 should not be a close game.  Silsbee should dominate this team with their over all team speed and having played a more competitive schedule.

34 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

No shutout at this stage of the game, Number #1 against  #17 should not be a close game.  Silsbee should dominate this team with their over all team speed and having played a more competitive schedule.

42 points is not a spread that I would say would be normal at this stage either.  I don’t really know anything about Connally but I will say nothing surprises me from my Tigers.  All I care about is they take it one game at a time.

Silsbee will beat Connolly but the starters will have to play the whole game to do it.  Yates on the other hand, will brush Liberty Hill aside almost as easily as they did Hardin Jefferson.  It's practically a warm up game.  Coach Wise will rest his starters so they will be fresh for the Silsbee game. He doesn't need to win by 50.  This will put the Tigers at a disadvantage before the game even begins on Saturday afternoon.  The Tigers will have to play their biggest game of the season on one night's rest right after a tough game.  And then it's a bad matchup for the Tigers anyway.  Yates is big and fast and skilled and plays a better defense.  No real  weaknesses at all.

But if the Tigers are shooting well and can somehow stay out of foul trouble they just might pull it off.  Yates will have an apparently comfortable lead going into the 4th quarter.  Then Silsbee will rally fiercely and pull close.  The Lions haven't been challenged like this in a while and they aren't used to it.  They will probably wilt somewhat under the onslaught.  I think it will ultimately come down to the bounce of the ball.  Pure happenstance will decide it.  And since tigers are just naturally luckier than lions Silsbee wins by 1 point.

That's my prediction for this weekend.

I think this tigers team being fresh off of winning the state title a year ago knows what it takes to win don’t forget Yates could get into foul trouble just like Silsbee could if it happens this game will be a toss up and a track meet I remember the first time Yates and Silsbee played Yates had to slow the game down to beat Silsbee late tigers were neck and neck with them and with all due respect to the Yates lions this particular lions team hasn’t won a title yet even though they are very capable of winning it I think Silsbee championship experience will help them just get by Yates.

4 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

Silsbee will beat Connolly but the starters will have to play the whole game to do it.  Yates on the other hand, will brush Liberty Hill aside almost as easily as they did Hardin Jefferson.  It's practically a warm up game.  Coach Wise will rest his starters so they will be fresh for the Silsbee game. He doesn't need to win by 50.  This will put the Tigers at a disadvantage before the game even begins on Saturday afternoon.  The Tigers will have to play their biggest game of the season on one night's rest right after a tough game.  And then it's a bad matchup for the Tigers anyway.  Yates is big and fast and skilled and plays a better defense.  No real  weaknesses at all.

But if the Tigers are shooting well and can somehow stay out of foul trouble they just might pull it off.  Yates will have an apparently comfortable lead going into the 4th quarter.  Then Silsbee will rally fiercely and pull close.  The Lions haven't been challenged like this in a while and they aren't used to it.  They will probably wilt somewhat under the onslaught.  I think it will ultimately come down to the bounce of the ball.  Pure happenstance will decide it.  And since tigers are just naturally luckier than lions Silsbee wins by 1 point.

That's my prediction for this weekend.

I thought this several years ago when the Tigers beat Crockett in a triple overtime semi.  They still came in and took care of HJ the next day to go to Austin!

Silsbee need not focus on Yates. Connelly 1st. One night rest is more than enough for 14-18 year olds. Not like your playing another game 2 hours later. Win tomorrow and you will have a good 12-14 hours before the next game. Silsbee has to play tougher teams which would make it even sweater to win and go get that trophy in state. 

3 hours ago, MBaller#1 said:

I think this tigers team being fresh off of winning the state title a year ago knows what it takes to win don’t forget Yates could get into foul trouble just like Silsbee could if it happens this game will be a toss up and a track meet I remember the first time Yates and Silsbee played Yates had to slow the game down to beat Silsbee late tigers were neck and neck with them and with all due respect to the Yates lions this particular lions team hasn’t won a title yet even though they are very capable of winning it I think Silsbee championship experience will help them just get by Yates.

I was at that game.