Shelbyville 79 Evadale 73/FINAL

WOSgrad

The Evadale Rebels take their next step in the Class 2A basketball playoffs as they take on the Shelbyville Dragons in Region III quarterfinal play tonight.  The Laurence Williams' Rebels got to this point with a 95-87 bi-district win over Zavalla and a 62-53 area round win Neches.  Meanwhile, the Dragons got to this round with a 67-54 bi-district win over Alto and a 76-68 area round win over Lufkin Pineywoods.

The winner of this game will face the winner of the Crawford/LaPoynor quarterfinal being played tonight.

Join Scott Loar for all of the action from Woodville High School in Woodville at 6:50 pm with the pregame followed by the tip off at 7 by clicking play on the following player:

This is the hidden content, please

Follow Evadale Rebel Basketball on Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports.com!

8 hours ago, Ferg 510 said:

Great game to watch. Both teams played their hearts out. Proud of our Dragons.

Ditto on the efforts of both teams.  The Dragons 6'5" linebacker playing post gave us fits.  I'm proud of the run the Rebels made.  Good luck to the Dragons the rest of the way.

3 minutes ago, Fergton said:

Surprised? Evadale coach had a great game plan and then have his kids easily hits 50% from 3 point land. Rebs just couldn't miss. Very impressed. Fun game to watch.

Yeah surprised . Just because you have a great game plan doesn’t always mean it gets executed the way it was planned. Wasn’t a knock on Evadale but Shelbyville based of their results from all year looked to have a better team on paper which in high school basketball in the playoffs doesn’t always mean anything. 

17 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Yeah surprised . Just because you have a great game plan doesn’t always mean it gets executed the way it was planned. Wasn’t a knock on Evadale but Shelbyville based of their results from all year looked to have a better team on paper which in high school basketball in the playoffs doesn’t always mean anything. 

I think the schedule Evadale played might have mislead some.  When you're 2A and play most of your games against 4A and 5A, and play in the HJ tournament, it'll throw a lot of losses on you.  I thought we could play well (maybe not beat) with any 2A.  Admittedly, I'm biased.  We did have a great bunch of shooters for the 3's, and Coach L did a great job of getting them setup.

15 minutes ago, REBgp said:

I think the schedule Evadale played might have mislead some.  When you're 2A and play most of your games against 4A and 5A, and play in the HJ tournament, it'll throw a lot of losses on you.  I thought we could play well (maybe not beat) with any 2A.  Admittedly, I'm biased.  We did have a great bunch of shooters for the 3's, and Coach L did a great job of getting them setup.

I agree. By no means was I say what I said because I thought Evadale wasn’t a good team or anything, just wanna make that clear lol

3 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

When you have a team hitting 50% 3s with 1 kid hitting them as soon as he crosses mid court and nothing but net. I would think they could stay close to most 2A teams. Maybe REBgp could get stats on 3s. Had to be close to 20 made.

10 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

I agree. By no means was I say what I said because I thought Evadale wasn’t a good team or anything, just wanna make that clear lol

No problem aTmfan.  I understood your post.  Not your style to put anyone down.  Again, it was a great game, as was our game last year with Shelbyville.  Had my heart beating faster than it has in a long time lol.