Clear Brook to Name New Head Coach Tonight

Peppermint Patty

Could impact a local high school.

This is the hidden content, please

More

My sources indicate the two leading candidates to be named HFC at Clear Brook Monday night are both HC's, one just east of Houston and one south of Houston

1 hour ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

Could impact a local high school.

More

My sources indicate the two leading candidates to be named HFC at Clear Brook Monday night are both HC's, one just east of Houston and one south of Houston

Ok, spill the beans on who the 2 are...

10 minutes ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

Bay City @BCISD AD/head football coach Lupe Florez named head football coach at Clear Brook @CBWolverineFB @Matt_Stepp817 @SoTxShowcase @TxSi

SO I’m guessing this wasn’t who you were referring to cause you said it could effect the BISD job,  so who was it?

59 minutes ago, 90yshallow said:

Lupe will have success wherever he goes.  Bay City should be a good job for whoever takes over.

His Head Coaching success looks a little above average.  Came in third twice.  Was this choice the best available?

2015  Bay City                  4-6-0
2016  Bay City                  7-4-0 T
2017  Bay City                  7-4-0 T

1 hour ago, 90yshallow said:

He has 3 state championships as a coordinator at Cameron.  Then he took a team to back to back playoff appearances who hadn't been in nine years.  He didn't coach there in 2015.

I could understand your point if they were hiring him as a coordinator.  But, time will tell!

16 minutes ago, Reagan said:

I could understand your point if they were hiring him as a coordinator.  But, time will tell!

Time has already told. The dude has been a main cog in 3 State Titles. Bay City was awful when he got there and in his first 2 seasons there got them to 7-4 and in the playoffs twice. You are a troll. Go back to the political forum and spew your ignorance there.

Records are relative. Kind of like coach of the year awards. Usually go to a coach who's team either won state or at least made a deep playoff run (there have probably been exceptions). The real coach of the year was probably some coach that no one heard about ,at a school no one thinks about, that didn't have squat to work with, that took a team that should of gone 0-fer or maybe a win or two and went 5-5 or 6-4.....

I'm sure plenty will disagree, but some might agree....

16 minutes ago, oldbuc77 said:

Records are relative. Kind of like coach of the year awards. Usually go to a coach who's team either won state or at least made a deep playoff run (there have probably been exceptions). The real coach of the year was probably some coach that no one heard about ,at a school no one thinks about, that didn't have squat to work with, that took a team that should of gone 0-fer or maybe a win or two and went 5-5 or 6-4.....

I'm sure plenty will disagree, but some might agree....

Hence why I think Flores is a good choice. He has proven he can do something positive, with very little talent.

9 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Time has already told. The dude has been a main cog in 3 State Titles. Bay City was awful when he got there and in his first 2 seasons there got them to 7-4 and in the playoffs twice. You are a troll. Go back to the political forum and spew your ignorance there.

LOL!   :)

CLICKBAIT POS!!!!! That is all these links are in the end and people fall for them and post their own 2 bits when it does not matter even 1/4 of a bit.  Everyone has their own opinion on who should be in that position.  So, instead of posting your thought, tell Mr. Matt to stop posting his F***$$$ non-information and stop being a little snot on his word.  Otherwise, there is always a back door sponsor to make some money on the curiosity of others due to sponsorship.  Why do you think theoldcoach.com went to crap when Matt left.  The clickbait master left so no one is interested anymore.  People want to blame others for ruining someones life, when the finger MIGHT need to be pointed at the person making the decisions in their own life.  We wonder why coaches can't be loyal in today's society, look at the internet and think why they should not trust the community. 

All of the applicants are publicly listed, so if you really want to know the finalist, spend some of your own time and visit the board meetings yourself.  Then you will know who showed up to get hired, and you could post that information immediately for notable in the internet community!!! 

9 hours ago, inodis said:

CLICKBAIT POS!!!!! That is all these links are in the end and people fall for them and post their own 2 bits when it does not matter even 1/4 of a bit.  Everyone has their own opinion on who should be in that position.  So, instead of posting your thought, tell Mr. Matt to stop posting his F***$$$ non-information and stop being a little snot on his word.  Otherwise, there is always a back door sponsor to make some money on the curiosity of others due to sponsorship.  Why do you think theoldcoach.com went to crap when Matt left.  The clickbait master left so no one is interested anymore.  People want to blame others for ruining someones life, when the finger MIGHT need to be pointed at the person making the decisions in their own life.  We wonder why coaches can't be loyal in today's society, look at the internet and think why they should not trust the community. 

Mr. Madison, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

• 4 weeks later...