Hardin Jefferson vs Jack Yates

BADSANTA

I was looking at Yates district and Kashmere was 2-20 and Worthing was 3-22. Wheatly was 10-15. I know this means nothing but they had some real bad teams in that district. Silsbee could have beat NF by 50 if they pressed at all. Scarborough seems decent with some pretty good athletes. I don't think Yates has been tested at all this season. KIPP academy is a private school with a focus on academic. 

16 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I was looking at Yates district and Kashmere was 2-20 and Worthing was 3-22. Wheatly was 10-15. I know this means nothing but they had some real bad teams in that district. Silsbee could have beat NF by 50 if they pressed at all. Scarborough seems decent with some pretty good athletes. I don't think Yates has been tested at all this season. KIPP academy is a private school with a focus on academic. 

No dog in the fight but Uhhh hea we go ...ummmmh sir did u look at silsbee’s district , and while u at that check out the common opponents for both teams...ya reaching bra ... both teams are pretty much even ..I give yates the slight advantage because of their height and depth 

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

BADSANTA let’s be real both districts had pitiful teams but what district doesn’t.  Bridge City, Orangefield & Hampshire Fannett was just as BAD as Kashmere, Washington & Worthing. KIPP was only a fundraiser game at the school. Both sides of the playoff bracket (4A Region 3) is kindly weak this year, I believe a 4th Place Team is Still playing in the lower half of the bracket (Hillsboro) while the top bracket has all division winners in the Quarterfinals. Yates is focused on HJ then the winner of Navasota - LIberty Hill. 

Silsbee good luck and we hope to see y’all in Huntsville Saturday 

1 hour ago, bayou city 713 said:

No dog in the fight but Uhhh hea we go ...ummmmh sir did u look at silsbee’s district , and while u at that check out the common opponents for both teams...ya reaching bra ... both teams are pretty much even ..I give yates the slight advantage because of their height and depth 

Can’t say anything about height that’s not a variable.  We have a couple at 6’4 or so and that’s the extent of our height.  Yates may go 12 deep, but  they haven’t played the level of competition we have this year as a whole or that they have in past years.  When we have played this year we have gone as many as 12 maybe 14 in the rotation from the start of the game.  In those games with tough opponents it has ranged from 8 or 9 to maybe 10 or 11.  The fact is that in a game like between these 2 both benches may shrink.  A lot will depend on the foul situation as well as how tight 5he game is.  

50 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

BADSANTA let’s be real both districts had pitiful teams but what district doesn’t.  Bridge City, Orangefield & Hampshire Fannett was just as BAD as Kashmere, Washington & Worthing. KIPP was only a fundraiser game at the school. Both sides of the playoff bracket (4A Region 3) is kindly weak this year, I believe a 4th Place Team is Still playing in the lower half of the bracket (Hillsboro) while the top bracket has all division winners in the Quarterfinals. Yates is focused on HJ then the winner of Navasota - LIberty Hill. 

Silsbee good luck and we hope to see y’all in Huntsville Saturday 

Can't argue with that. 

Hey guys let’s stop disrespecting Hardin-Jefferson, this discussion should be about  Yates vs HJ. I’m looking for a competitive game out of HJ,? I can’t say I now much about them or there style of play. I believe the last time both schools played Yates won a close game so I would think HJ might have a little pay back in mind. Yates press should not be anything HJ has not seen this year. 

I can’t speak about there athleticism, height or bench. 

42 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Hey guys let’s stop disrespecting Hardin-Jefferson, this discussion should be about  Yates vs HJ. I’m looking for a competitive game out of HJ,? I can’t say I now much about them or there style of play. I believe the last time both schools played Yates won a close game so I would think HJ might have a little pay back in mind. Yates press should not be anything HJ has not seen this year. 

I can’t speak about there athleticism, height or bench. 

This game won’t be close. No disrespect to HJ but they don’t have the team to compete with Yates. 

I think there is a pathway for HJ to make this game more competitive than the prevailing wisdom indicates. A 10 point game perhaps.

It can be done.  Argyle did it to Silsbee last year in San Antonio.  Turned it into a half court game, and a slow half court game at that.  There's a bunch of ways to do it and Argyle knows all of them.  The final score was 46 to 45 and Argyle got the last shot.  Silsbee won that game by about an inch and a half.  That's how far off Argyles buzzer shot missed.

Personally I love transition, improvisational basketball.  But still and all, I'd rather lose a boring game by 10 than lose an entertaining game by 38.  And if given that choice in advance, knowing the outcome, I'd pick the 10 point loss.

1 hour ago, JimThorpe said:

I think there is a pathway for HJ to make this game more competitive than the prevailing wisdom indicates. A 10 point game perhaps.

It can be done.  Argyle did it to Silsbee last year in San Antonio.  Turned it into a half court game, and a slow half court game at that.  There's a bunch of ways to do it and Argyle knows all of them.  The final score was 46 to 45 and Argyle got the last shot.  Silsbee won that game by about an inch and a half.  That's how far off Argyles buzzer shot missed.

Personally I love transition, improvisational basketball.  But still and all, I'd rather lose a boring game by 10 than lose an entertaining game by 38.  And if given that choice in advance, knowing the outcome, I'd pick the 10 point loss.

Argyle also had been playing that style all year long and didn’t just switch it up for one game. As well as Argyle was one of the top teams in the state .

25 minutes ago, whsalum said:

I learned a long time ago not to gamble on high school basketball. I haven't seen Yates this year so I won't venture to predict a score. I know HJ will show up and play hard and I'll be there supporting them. Go Hawks !! 

Case and point Kountze vs Central Heights last week lol