Tigers schedule

ST413

There has been a lot said at least by certain individuals about some of the Tigers losses this year.  So I thought I would take a look at those losses and some of our wins and see just how those teams did or are doing.

Losses

Concordia Lutheran 79-87  a record of 40-1 still playing in the playoffs...

Atascocita 66-70 went 2 rounds deep in the 6A...

SA Wagner 68-100 & 76-86 Still playing in 6A

North Shore 40-52 went 2 rounds deep in 6A 

Center 74-76 sill playing in 4A

Duncanville 76-91 went 2 rounds deep in 6A was ranked #7

The Woodlands 63-68 went 2 rounds deep in 6A

I don’t think there are any of those to be ashamed of at all.  Sure there are one or two we probably should or could have won but that is part of playing the game.

Now a few of our wins...

Pflugerville 84-77 still playing in 6A

South SA 73-59 still playing in 6A

Cy Springs 71-61 went 2 rounds in 6A

FW Wyatt 73-65 still playing in 5A

HJ 87-62 still playing in 4A

LaMarque 102-73 still playing in 3A

Hmmm looks like a pretty solid body of work to me....

That is a strong schedule you know talk is just that talk everyone is going to take up for their teams no matter what yes I am a big tiger fan and if Silsbee and Yates do happen to play each other then someone is going home that day Silsbee has the confidence and is looking forward to this game so is Yates the refs and foul trouble will be the biggest key to this game as well as outside shooting for both teams but right now we have to take care of Scarborough and Yates will probably have to deal with Navasota good luck tigers.

With a 40 - 1 record you had better be a top 25 national elite team. Otherwise I see it as you playing a bunch of mainly nobodies and not wanting to challenge yourself. I'm sure they're pretty good, but I think Silsbee right now would win. The one team that beat them lost to Houston Christian. Silsbee beat HC by 23 points last year.

On 2/24/2018 at 3:46 PM, Tigers94 said:

With a 40 - 1 record you had better be a top 25 national elite team. Otherwise I see it as you playing a bunch of mainly nobodies and not wanting to challenge yourself. I'm sure they're pretty good, but I think Silsbee right now would win. The one team that beat them lost to Houston Christian. Silsbee beat HC by 23 points last year.

Concordia played a VERY competitive schedule.  Silsbee would definitely be an underdog against them if they played now.  Badsanta is right - Concordia may be the best shooting team in the state.  

Silsbee would also be an underdog to Houston Christian this year.  But who cares - just beat the team across from you and bring home the hardware!   The only teams that matter if they will beat are still playing in the Class 4A tournament. 

8 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Concordia played a VERY competitive schedule.  Silsbee would definitely be an underdog against them if they played now.  Badsanta is right - Concordia may be the best shooting team in the state.  

Silsbee would also be an underdog to Houston Christian this year.  But who cares - just beat the team across from you and bring home the hardware!   The only teams that matter if they will beat are still playing in the Class 4A tournament. 

AMEN!!!

Concordia is the best shooting team I've seen in high school.   Two or three of their players had perfect form, perfect spin on their shots.  End result swoosh!  

HC reloaded from last year.  They did it fast.  I guess they target the players they want, then wave all the perks they have to offer under their noses and it worked.   Not mad at 'em.  A player has to be very very good to make big money playing basketball.  Pursue the education first.