Silsbee vs Houston Scarborough

tennisbc

Scarborough's big man, no. 50 Noah Smith worked so hard against Shepherd.  His play was one reason Shepherd couldn't seem to get anything going.  I don't know what kind of matchup problem he presents for the Tigers because he isn't very fast nor is he a leaper.  He doesn't move that well but neither can we move him and he's a good bit taller than our tallest.  But he's going to have to get on his pony if he intends to be a factor against the fastest 4A team in the state.  But he knows that already.

10 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

Scarborough's big man, no. 50 Noah Smith worked so hard against Shepherd.  His play was one reason Shepherd couldn't seem to get anything going.  I don't know what kind of matchup problem he presents for the Tigers because he isn't very fast nor is he a leaper.  He doesn't move that well but neither can we move him and he's a good bit taller than our tallest.  But he's going to have to get on his pony if he intends to be a factor against the fastest 4A team in the state.  But he knows that already.

He is a big kid but isn' fast at all. Shepard had a kid who was like 6'9 playing guard smh. That coach should have had him down low. 

8 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

He is a big kid but isn' fast at all. Shepard had a kid who was like 6'9 playing guard smh. That coach should have had him down low. 

Probably everybody in the gym, except their coach, was thinking the same thing.  The Shepherd kid was mobile and could handle the ball, better than most his size in the high school ranks.  All that making him perfect in the power forward roll.  What in the world was he doing outside handling the ball?  And what was he doing playing point in the zone?  I guess I'm being critical of the coach but it didn't make sense.  Can you imagine how quickly the Silsbee guards would have taken the ball away from him out there?   

41 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

Probably everybody in the gym, except their coach, was thinking the same thing.  The Shepherd kid was mobile and could handle the ball, better than most his size in the high school ranks.  All that making him perfect in the power forward roll.  What in the world was he doing outside handling the ball?  And what was he doing playing point in the zone?  I guess I'm being critical of the coach but it didn't make sense.  Can you imagine how quickly the Silsbee guards would have taken the ball away from him out there?   

Exactly my thought..