Jack Yates vs Hardin Jefferson

8 hours ago, Spyder53 said:

These schools are 70-80 miles apart the travel to Huntsville on a Monday night is a bit much to gain any type of advantage

Seemed kind of dumb to me.  Barbers Hill is approximately 45 miles from HJ, 35 miles from Yates.  Now Yates is traveling about an hour and 20 minutes, HJ almost 2 hours.  Although I’m sure Yates is wanting the chance to play in that venue before regionals.  

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

Seemed kind of dumb to me.  Barbers Hill is approximately 45 miles from HJ, 35 miles from Yates.  Now Yates is traveling about an hour and 20 minutes, HJ almost 2 hours.  Although I’m sure Yates is wanting the chance to play in that venue before regionals.  

Yes. A few years ago that’s where we played them in this round. I have a feeling that we may be that second game behind you Monday.  I have not heard that at all yet but just my feeling.

We'll be driving home from Austin Monday afternoon.  If the timing is right I'd like to stop by and see it.  If I do I'll of course be wearing a maroon Tiger tee.  "What are YOU doing here?" both sides will ask, "We arranged to play way up here just so we wouldn't have to suffer the presence of an unwanted stray cat."  I suppose Silsbee isn't exactly either school's favorite. 

Now, how to talk wifey into it.  Reduced once again to the role of abject beggar.