Silsbee 84 Houston North Forest 54/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

Dude don't be made because ST413 is telling the truth. Silsbee could have hung 200 on HF both times and played subs the entire 2nd half. Sigler didn' press them at all in the 2nd half. Silsbee has never been know to run the score up. Wagner beat us by 30 plus early in the season and not a single person said they ran the score up. 

I'm not "made"?? And if you and ST413 would like to review the original post, you and he will see that I acknowledged that Sigler has shown restraint at times in the past during district play. As far as the Wagner game, can't speak to it directly because I didn't see it. 

7 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Those kids that are 3rd stringers are still expected to play hard.

It may seem like Silsbee is running up the score when winning by 50+, but those kids have got to get some quality playing time when given a chance. They can't just stand there and give the other team the ball and not play defense.

I agree completely.

5 minutes ago, indian15/16 said:

Quick question Tigers94: If said 3rd stringers are on the floor playing hard and up by 30+ in the 4th qtr, is it still ok to press and push the tempo for fast break opportunities? 

Yes. Those kids have got to play like they'll be starters or key players off the bench one day.

I agree that it can look bad be taken the wrong way by some people.. Coach Sigler did call off the press against some teams in district this year.

Silsbee was missing 5 or 6 players for that first Wagner.game. We knew what was likely to happen and it did. No hard feelings from any Tiger fans over it.

21 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Yes. Those kids have got to play like they'll be starters or key players off the bench one day.

I agree that it can look bad be taken the wrong way by some people.. Coach Sigler did call off the press against some teams in district this year.

Silsbee was missing 5 or 6 players for that first Wagner.game. We knew what was likely to happen and it did. No hard feelings from any Tiger fans over it.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. No harm in that.