East Chambers 76 Pollok Central 43/FINAL

WOSgrad

11 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

Central was a good team, I knew EC’s speed would be too much.

Yes they are / were. EC had no business beating Kountze a couple of years ago in the regional final, so stuff happens. Made state finals that year and ran into a buzzsaw. Nothing is guaranteed but this team has the best shot of any EC team I’ve seen. Following for 40 yrs.

1 hour ago, uknowit2 said:

Yes they are / were. EC had no business beating Kountze a couple of years ago in the regional final, so stuff happens. Made state finals that year and ran into a buzzsaw. Nothing is guaranteed but this team has the best shot of any EC team I’ve seen. Following for 40 yrs.

That regional final was a great game... Arnold almost hit that 3 in the end

Time for me to say , I was impressed with EC and underestimated them.. They had the best defensive pressure I have ever seen in a 3A or 4A or 5A classification.   Great coaching.   If you guys keep that up, you guys will be in Austin in a few weeks.  If your not, I will be surprised.

9 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Time for me to say , I was impressed with EC and underestimated them.. They had the best defensive pressure I have ever seen in a 3A or $A or 5A classification.   Great coaching.   If you guys keep that up, you guys will be in Austin in a few weeks.  If your not, I will be surprised.

If you ever head down to Winnie, Al-T’s has some good crow, lol!! That might be the best defensive performance I’ve seen EC have in a decade. This also might be the best team in that long, too!

1 hour ago, PackAttack said:

Time for me to say , I was impressed with EC and underestimated them.. They had the best defensive pressure I have ever seen in a 3A or 4A or 5A classification.   Great coaching.   If you guys keep that up, you guys will be in Austin in a few weeks.  If your not, I will be surprised.

We have all been in those shoes one time or another. Just keep rooting for  your team !!!! Central had a great year that they can be proud of.

Central just could not shoot.  I have read a lot about them in the paper and the points they could score.  They maybe hit 2 threes in the first half that I can remember and one of those was from a sub.

I did not really understand their coaches decision to let EC set up their press each time. Seemed even when they had a chance to push the ball up the court they would hold up and let everyone get set.  Even with  that I thought they handled the press very well they simply could not hit an open shot.

1 hour ago, sbparent said:

Central just could not shoot.  I have read a lot about them in the paper and the points they could score.  They maybe hit 2 threes in the first half that I can remember and one of those was from a sub.

I did not really understand their coaches decision to let EC set up their press each time. Seemed even when they had a chance to push the ball up the court they would hold up and let everyone get set.  Even with  that I thought they handled the press very well they simply could not hit an open shot.

You could tell Central was not use to that speed in a game. Although they might have got open looks, the pace was in EC’s favor forcing them to rush their shots. Heard the Central coach say after the game they practiced with 10 JV players on the court and still couldn’t simulate the pressure they saw. Pretty impressive.