Temple 78 Barbers Hill 74/FINAL

WOSgrad

This is the hidden content, please

Region III-5A girls semifinals Stunner here ... after Barbers Hill led 63-54 with less than a minute left in regulation. Final: No. 8 Temple 78, No. 2 Barbers Hill 74, OT Charli Collier fouled out in OT, Madison Armer fouled out with 11.3 seconds left in 4Q.

7 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Region III-5A girls semifinals Stunner here ... after Barbers Hill led 63-54 with less than a minute left in regulation. Final: No. 8 Temple 78, No. 2 Barbers Hill 74, OT Charli Collier fouled out in OT, Madison Armer fouled out with 11.3 seconds left in 4Q.

Stunner? Yes, and no. Surely, shouldn't have happened, but when...........

Guest ECBucFan

BH had the ball with a 7 point lead with 27 seconds left. Epic meltdown. It started when the  BH small guard tried to score over a 6-1 defender in the lane. WHY? Had she just turned out she had ACRES of open real estate to dribble the time away. Then, instead of inbounding the ball high to your 6-5 post they threw away a hard pass with about 15 sec. left. BH severely out coached Friday night.  

Guest ECBucFan

You are correct the meltdown was a team effort. With that said, anyone  knows with a 7 point lead and about 25 seconds to go, the one thing you DON'T do is force a quick shot, which leads to turnovers. Was that communicated? The meltdown started then, but multiple mistakes ensued in the next 25 secs. Stop just one of them and BH still wins. Sad to see this team go down. The star post and a good supporting cast had a real chance to be in the SC game  BH was ranked #2, but did not make the Regional finals. Judging by what I overheard the fan base say exiting into the parking lot, I am not alone in this opinion. Thats all. Time to move on. 

I could not believe how the last minute in regulation play unfolded. The game should not have gone into overtime. In the overtime period, after Charli Collier fouled out and Madison Armer already out, the Eagles chances of a win were slim. As stated in an earlier post, the meltdown was indeed a team effort. I watched both games Friday and thought that Barbers Hill was clearly the best team there, but sometimes the best team does not win. I can only imagine how disappointed the players, parents, and coaches are. 

On 2/24/2018 at 8:44 AM, bljnhjs19 said:

I wasn’t at the game, but I do find it funny that people blame the coach for players making mistakes

Yes, players make mistakes, but the situation is a bit more profound than blaming the coach "for players making mistakes."  Check out BH's play-off losses the last four years, then come talk to me.

On 2/26/2018 at 6:39 PM, Bronco/Cat Fan said:

I could not believe how the last minute in regulation play unfolded. The game should not have gone into overtime. In the overtime period, after Charli Collier fouled out and Madison Armer already out, the Eagles chances of a win were slim. As stated in an earlier post, the meltdown was indeed a team effort. I watched both games Friday and thought that Barbers Hill was clearly the best team there, but sometimes the best team does not win. I can only imagine how disappointed the players, parents, and coaches are. 

:-)