Big Sandy

Fergton

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

Neither player played in the game last night. For that matter neither player even attended and have not been back on campus since their arrest.

That’s what I would have expected...

when did all of this  actually take place wednesday??  I hate it for the players and especially Coach. 

This is unfortunate on so many levels, the least of which is the fate of the basketball team but that would and should be the focus for this thread. The incident in question to my knowledge took place on Monday, possibly Tuesday, prior to their bi-district game against Cross Roads. It's my understanding that these comments were made in jest and were an attempt at humor. Unfortunately for these two young men they didn't account for their audience at the time nor the level of inappropriateness of their comments considering the tragic events taking place in schools all across the country. There may have been a more reasonable and logical way to resolve the incident but when you consider it on a larger scale I suppose you can't be too careful. I've known Coach Foster for some time now and consider him to be a fairly good judge of character when it comes to his players. There have been talented players with many off the court issues that he wouldn't allow on his team in the past and that would be true today. These two men in particular have been ingrained in the program for some time and for 2 years at the varsity level. I think if there was a core issue with their character it would have been identified by now and probably dealt with and since there has been no such action to this point I would be left to assume that Coach Foster was generally satisfied with these two young men on and off the court. As for the basketball, it's unfortunate indeed when considering the rest of the team, coaching staff, and fan base because they had the potential for a return to the regional tournament after a years absence. I'll say this as my parting thought, that though the loss of the two players contributed to the demise of the Wildcats against Crawford last night, it in no way was the reason the Wildcats lost. Just my opinion.....