MARK WAGGONER NAMED NEW HC/AD AT HAMSHIRE-FANNETT

dillonpanthers

Guest ECBucFan

Yes I know H-F has too manyΒ helicopter parents andΒ small town politics, but this would not be a bad job to take. Easy road to playoffs, just beat either H-J or Liberty and you are in. Coaching in a 5 team district where 4 makes the playoffs is resume buildingΒ dream.Β Β 

4 hours ago, joeisbell said:

ouch

I've said it before HF athletics is a joke.Β  pretty good kids - better athletes move to NISD or PNGISD where they can get some coaching and consistencyΒ Β  Matt Burnett 19 years and Fairyclooth at 10 years or so Neauman 25 or so etc...

That s' Β the difference PNG and NISD has had 2 coaches in the last 30 years OH WOS 2 in their school history

Bottom line if you have a talented athlete MOVE to a district that has a School Board with some sense and education

ALL fault - good or bad - fall on the School BoardΒ  - Success too credit the SB

1 hour ago, Whoa said:

I've said it before HF athletics is a joke.Β  pretty good kids - better athletes move to NISD or PNGISD where they can get some coaching and consistencyΒ Β  Matt Burnett 19 years and Fairyclooth at 10 years or so Neauman 25 or so etc...

That s' Β the difference PNG and NISD has had 2 coaches in the last 30 years OH WOS 2 in their school history

Bottom line if you have a talented athlete MOVE to a district that has a School Board with some sense and education

ALL fault - good or bad - fall on the School BoardΒ  - Success too credit the SB

WOS has had 3 Head coaches in school history

HF has plenty of athletes to build a program. Β They would be smart to hire in house and leave some consistency for the kids. Β There has been alot of grumbling about the current HC. Β Chalk it up to a badΒ hire and move on. They have a few experienced good coaches in house. Β Paine has been thereΒ 3 or 4Β years, is well liked and was well liked at West Brook under Stump. Β He s been a part of some great programs. Β Good luck HF. Β 

It always amazes me how people will post stuff that is false and not have accurate Information.

1. Jehling had full board support, administration support and community support. In fact his contract was going to be extended another year. Which would have given him another 2 years.

2. Naturally there were probablyΒ a few community members that didn't like him, but what head coach makes everybody happy.Β 

3. Paine has been there 2 years and came with Jehling from Lumberton. In fact wasn't Paine the DC under Haynes when they went 1-19...

If you we went to the source, you would know that Jehling's 5 year old special needs son has a lot of medical issues. In fact his wife and son have been in the Dallas area for past 2 months for treatment. He had just learned in the past couple weeks that his sons treatment was going to last a year to a year in a half. He made the decision not to be apart from his family for that long.Β 

If you actually talked to the guy he would tell you it was a very tough decision. He just rebuilt a home in Hamshire that flooded during the hurricane.

Get your facts straight before calling a guy a bad hire. Coach Jehling was building something in Hamshire for the future..

9 minutes ago, The Natural said:

It always amazes me how people will post stuff that is false and not have accurate Information.

1. Jehling had full board support, administration support and community support. In fact his contract was going to be extended another year.

2. Naturally there were probaby a few community members that didn't like him, but what head coach makes everybody happy.Β 

3. Paine has been there 2 years and came with Jehling from Lumberton.

If you we went to the source, you would know that Jehling's 5 year old special needs son has a lot of medical issues. In fact his wife and son have been in the Dallas area for past 2 months for treatment. He had just learned in the past couple weeks that his sons treatment was going to last a a year to a year in a half. He made the decisin not be apart from his family for that long.Β 

If you actually talked to the guy he would tell you it was a very tough decision. He just rebuilt a home in Hamshire that flooded during the hurricane.

Get your facts straight before calling a guy a bad hire. Coach Jehling was building something in Hamshire for the future..

Sensitive.Β  Β You must know him personally.Β You re right, he built something in HF, a 3-16 record. Β And dont blame that on the talent. Β HF had the best RB in the area. Β (was going to get extended) to secretly jumping ship is convenient and not a fact. Β Im not sure your facts are correct about only a few community members not liking him. Β I hear the the HF players are not upset about his departure. Β Maybe PaineΒ has been there 2 years, I dont know the timeline.Β The fact remains that the job is open and Paine could be the rightΒ fit rather than risking another outside hire. Β Again good luck HF. Β Make a good hire and become relevant again. Β 

22 minutes ago, glassjoe said:

Sensitive.Β  Β You must know him personally.Β You re right, he built something in HF, a 3-16 record. Β And dont blame that on the talent. Β HF had the best RB in the area. Β (was going to get extended) to secretly jumping ship is convenient and not a fact. Β Im not sure your facts are correct about only a few community members not liking him. Β I hear the the HF players are not upset about his departure. Β Maybe PaineΒ has been there 2 years, I dont know the timeline.Β The fact remains that the job is open and Paine could be the rightΒ fit rather than risking another outside hire. Β Again good luck HF. Β Make a good hire and become relevant again. Β 

Going to be tough with Silsbee replacing OF in that district. Also dealing with WOS and Liberty... 2 horse race for that fourth spot between HF and HJ

9 minutes ago, The Icon said:

Going to be tough with Silsbee replacing OF in that district. Also dealing with WOS and Liberty... 2 horse race for that fourth spot between HF and HJ

Absolutely. Β That is a small district with number of teams but it isΒ one of the toughest 4A districts around. Β 

Maybe you should learn how to read there buddy...

I stated he was building toward the future.. Not built something... learn your past, present, and future tense..Β 

You also failedΒ to realize that he left for for his son and was not jumping ship,Β but agan you can't read... I'm sure if it wasn't for his son's condition, he would be staying and this board would be non existent.Β 

He did have one of the best running backs in the area, he ran for close to 2,000 yards in 9 games. But if you know football, it takes more than just one to win at the 4A and higher levels.. in fact I bet if you talked to the coaches he played they would all say his teams were prepared and his kids played hard.Β 

If you did talk to players at HF, they are upset but understand because he was teaching them to be men and have good priorities in life not just winning. The ones that are not upset are probably the ones that didn't like to work and be pushed to get better, or their parents complained about playing time.

I agree Paine would be a good a choice if they stay in house. I'm sure Jehling would say the same since he brought him with him.

Know your facts about the whole situation before throwing stones.Β 

Funny, how hardly nothing was posted about HF football during the season or up to now. But all of a sudden everyone is an expert on the coach and his team.Β