MARK WAGGONER NAMED NEW HC/AD AT HAMSHIRE-FANNETT

dillonpanthers

22 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Maybe you should learn how to read there buddy...

I stated he was building toward the future.. Not built something... learn your past, present, and future tense.. 

You also failed to realize that he left for for his son and was not jumping ship, but agan you can't read... I'm sure if it wasn't for his son's condition, he would be staying and this board would be non existent. 

He did have one of the best running backs in the area, he ran for close to 2,000 yards in 9 games. But if you know football, it takes more than just one to win at the 4A and higher levels.. in fact I bet if you talked to the coaches he played they would all say his teams were prepared and his kids played hard. 

If you did talk to players at HF, they are upset but understand because he was teaching them to be men and have good priorities in life not just winning.

Again very sensitive.  I know enough people in the  HF community and enough football to know how offensive it is to the HF kids for you to say that (of a large senior class) some of which were a part of a playoff team at one point, only ONE player was good.  I can read btw.  Im still wondering what has you so fired up.  Results are results.  Time for new leadership in the athletic department.   

I saw HF play a few times the last few years. Facts are, they had one horse at RB, maybe two other decent players, and then a bunch of average to severely below average players. HF was a dumpster fire before Jehling got there and they will remain the same next year without him. I don't see how this job won't be an "in house" hire. There isn't a quality coach in Texas who would take that job for any other reason than the title and the stepping stone.

I would rather be the Head Baseball Coach for Kirbyville 3 days into a season than the AD at HF.

34 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

I saw HF play a few times the last few years. Facts are, they had one horse at RB, maybe two other decent players, and then a bunch of average to severely below average players. HF was a dumpster fire before Jehling got there and they will remain the same next year without him. I don't see how this job won't be an "in house" hire. There isn't a quality coach in Texas who would take that job for any other reason than the title and the stepping stone.

I would rather be the Head Baseball Coach for Kirbyville 3 days into a season than the AD at HF.

Yep ^^

42 minutes ago, Tigers2010 said:

Dilly Dilly

Guest ECBucFan

If someone just had to move away for "special medical needs", why would they move to a small town up in Grayson County near the TX-OK border? The logistics of this is dubious, at best. The Houston Medical community is globally known as one of the best, if not the very best in the entire world. Hamshire is about an hour east of Houston. Howe, up in Grayson County, is about an hour north of Dallas. Could he not find any world class medical care in Houston?? 

At 3-16, it was just time to go. The revolving door continues to spin.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:21 PM, The Natural said:

It always amazes me how people will post stuff that is false and not have accurate Information.

1. Jehling had full board support, administration support and community support. In fact his contract was going to be extended another year. Which would have given him another 2 years.

2. Naturally there were probably a few community members that didn't like him, but what head coach makes everybody happy. 

3. Paine has been there 2 years and came with Jehling from Lumberton. In fact wasn't Paine the DC under Haynes when they went 1-19...

If you we went to the source, you would know that Jehling's 5 year old special needs son has a lot of medical issues. In fact his wife and son have been in the Dallas area for past 2 months for treatment. He had just learned in the past couple weeks that his sons treatment was going to last a year to a year in a half. He made the decision not to be apart from his family for that long. 

If you actually talked to the guy he would tell you it was a very tough decision. He just rebuilt a home in Hamshire that flooded during the hurricane.

Get your facts straight before calling a guy a bad hire. Coach Jehling was building something in Hamshire for the future..

I see you just joined in (6 post) you must be kin/friends with the ex coach. 

There is nothing good about HF sports PERIOD!! -

Why move to a little town in rural North Texas when Houston has the best Medical center in the US???  45 minutes away 

Oh where is Dale?????

Guest ECBucFan

No one is mentioning Lance Dale except for those who keep asking why Lance is not being mentioned. If Lance wants to apply he should. If not, then he should not. 

FWIW, I think H-F needs entirely new blood from out of the SETX region. Just my 2 cents.  Who knows, maybe they can hire Howes old coach, as long as he doesn't need to be near any doctors, LOL. . 

Since most of you won't go to the sources that know all the facts.

Jehling did look into Houston for medical needs for his son. The program for his son is in Sugar land and he did not want his wife driving multiple hours a day 5 days a week. His family and his wife's family are both in North Texas and can help when needed. Howe is 35 miles North of McKinney and Allen where all the needs for his son are located.

And yes I do know him, and wonder how a man makes a decision based on the needs of his family and people want to get on here and bash him. If you want to know the true story go to the source or call the school. They will all say the same, he was doing a great job building for the future and they did want him to leave. The board fully supported him. Quit hiding behind a screen name and go to the source before spreading rumors or bashing a man for looking out for his wife and son.

Remember: He took over a program that was in shambles from all the media attention and past circumstance. 

Also, ECBucFan, didn't he beat you guys this year and you barely beat him in his first year. 

7 minutes ago, RPO 73 said:

Since most of you won't go to the sources that know all the facts.

Jehling did look into Houston for medical needs for his son. The program for his son is in Sugar land and he did not want his wife driving multiple hours a day 5 days a week. His family and his wife's family are both in North Texas and can help when needed. Howe is 35 miles North of McKinney and Allen where all the needs for his son are located.

And yes I do know him, and wonder how a man makes a decision based on the needs of his family and people want to get on here and bash him. If you want to know the true story go to the source or call the school. They will all say the same, he was doing a great job building for the future and they did want him to leave. The board fully supported him. Quit hiding behind a screen name and go to the source before spreading rumors or bashing a man for looking out for his wife and son.

What was the coaches record?

Guest ECBucFan
36 minutes ago, RPO 73 said:

Also, ECBucFan, didn't he beat you guys this year and you barely beat him in his first year. 

You are right about that. EC won 2 years ago (but no it was not a nail biter), but H-F won and broke something like a 10 year long losing streak in the Rice Bowl last year. 

Really I don't think there is any issue here. I am sure our H-F neighbors can go at least 3-16 in the next two years regardless who is hired. Lets just wish him well.  

2 hours ago, fido said:

They should look at Coach Abshier. He wants to be there and is a good coach. I know 3 AD's he has worked for and all speak highly of him as a coach and a person. Give the man his shot, he is ready. 

Wasn't he at Deweyville a while back?  His wife works HF too.  I understand a really outstanding young  assistant from another team (in your district) is applying. 

For those of you don't think Jehling was building for the future. He was looking forward to the next two seasons with the young group coming up and he put together a great non district schedule.

Week 1 - Kelly

Week 2 - Kountze

Week 3 - EC

Week 4 - Hunnington

Week 5 - Tarkington

Week 6 - Shepard

I know Jehling, coached with him in the past. He is a great guy who would help anybody out. If you spoke to him he would tell you he was very torn on what to do, but in the end his wife's family and his family were in North Texas and he needed to do what was right by his son and wife.  I wish him the best in his new gig. 

Just wondering how you go from making the playoffs the 2 years prior to the Jehling regime, to 3-16. Those seniors have played together since they were Freshmen and all know what it takes to make it to the playoffs. 

Please let me know what I am missing? 

Kelly 1-8

Koutze 1-7

EC 7-4

Huntington 1-9

Tarkington 1-8

Shepherd 6-4

16-40 looks like some tough non-district scheduling ahead for the next 2 years. Guess that's how you build for the future with cupcake scheduling. 

33 minutes ago, SkeeterBronson said:

Just wondering how you go from making the playoffs the 2 years prior to the Jehling regime, to 3-16. Those seniors have played together since they were Freshmen and all know what it takes to make it to the playoffs. 

Please let me know what I am missing? 

Kelly 1-8

Koutze 1-7

EC 7-4

Huntington 1-9

Tarkington 1-8

Shepherd 6-4

16-40 looks like some tough non-district scheduling ahead for the next 2 years. Guess that's how you build for the future with cupcake scheduling. 

HF had a QB that was a senior in 2015. I watched him run for about 500 yards and 5-6 TD's in a game. It was my understanding that he was that type of player nearly every week. He was a fantastic talent. Those types of kids have the ability to hide a lot of flaws for others. Jehling did nothing special to bring that program from the abyss, but it was crap when he got there, it was crap while he was there, and there is no sign (player talent, coaching talent, board support, community support) that it will get any better any time soon. 

In the meantime former well respected PNG assistant HC Joe Dale Carey who HF passed on a few years back was 7-5 at 4A D1 Crandall last year. His teacher wife is an HF grad and has family here. Most likely woudn’t have run away quickly like the other out of town options chosen. Good job HF. 

6 hours ago, badndn said:

In the meantime former well respected PNG assistant HC Joe Dale Carey who HF passed on a few years back was 7-5 at 4A D1 Crandall last year. His teacher wife is an HF grad and has family here. Most likely woudn’t have run away quickly like the other out of town options chosen. Good job HF. 

They also passed on Eric Peevey some time ago when Flanigan was still at West Brook. He has strong community ties as well.

1 hour ago, Eskimo4378 said:

Have they started interviews yet? Do we know a list of applicants. I hope they think long and hard about this one. H-F has some serious talent coming up. 

I’m sure this serious talent will find it’s way to Mid county like they have been the past 15 years that I know of. Probably been going on before then.