Houston Yates 110 West Orange-Stark 49/FINAL

WOSgrad

4 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

There is not team Silsbee lost to Yates could beat bro!!!! Look WHO they lost too. Silsbee went 3 rounds deep in the football playoffs. They were without half the team for 3 or 4 weeks. Yates always loses in the 1st round in football. They don' have that prorblem. 

Bro yates is better than atascocita and north shore...atascocita lost to north forest..kill the excuses 

41 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

I have been reading all the hype about Silsbee’s starting 5 but haven’t heard much about there bench. Yates benched scored the majority of points (110) last night. Yates defense is good considering WOS only scored 49 pts. Yates will run at least 14 players during the game. It’s going to be interesting to see if Silsbee starting 5 can run for 32 minutes or if there bench can handle the pressure. Yates press is fine, we understand we will give up some easy baskets similar to last night when WOS scores 17 in the first Qtr off of layups. The easy layups allows Yates to make the game a track meet, and if you don’t have a bench we will run you off the court. WOS only scored 11-11-10 pts. I believe Yates Team is faster then any team Silsbee has faced this year.  Silsbee may have the guards to break the press but can they run for 32 minutes (score & play defense). What happens when Silsbee have to depend on there bench??? Yates has a bench 

Last year, Silsbee's bench was just a second starting 5. This year it is more of a traditional bench, but they are VERY fast. Hope this game gets played, but thoughts are on tonight's game right now. 

Silsbee has run with Yates before.  They ran with them in a play in game in Huntsville.  It was on a Thursday.  Elam and Holmes, that back court.   Wise gave up the press and started shooting 3 pointers.  

Yates fans been talking that yippety  yap about what they would do to 3A, now 4A, since 2012.  Couuntry boys will lace em up with anybody, this season, next season... Oh yeah, that's right Mitch & Jocque Hughes are Srs this year.  Time to ish or get off the pot.  

Most of these Silsbee kids have been running since they were big enough to hold and dribble a basketball. It wont be an issue.

The only issue Silsbee will have is bad shooting. That will do Silsbee in and nothing else. If they play Yates like they did the last district game against Bridge City, Yates wins. If they play North Forrest tonight like the did their last district game it may go bad for them. I'm sure NF will be looking for some payback.

Silsbee benchbisnt bad at all. They have 4 kids who csn really play and one kid who is solid on defense. Lowe, Tyler or Martin, Sells, and #30 can all play. They are all fast and can all give great minutes. You won't ever see a instance where Bush, Adams, or McCain aren't on the floor with the 2nd group. One of those will be there. North Shore would beat Yates as well. 

32 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee benchbisnt bad at all. They have 4 kids who csn really play and one kid who is solid on defense. Lowe, Tyler or Martin, Sells, and #30 can all play. They are all fast and can all give great minutes. You won't ever see a instance where Bush, Adams, or McCain aren't on the floor with the 2nd group. One of those will be there. North Shore would beat Yates as well. 

Northshore is trash, Yates would destroy them on the hard wood. NS has problems beating South Houston 

Real question here: I get that Yates just beat the stuffing out of a team that was mediocre BEFORE their point guards quit, but what’s up with playing Scarborough and north forest four times and not winning any of the four games by more than 16?  I get that they’re decent teams, but Scarborough is 15-10, north forest 15-12.  Also, Washington just played them to within 11.   The only reason I ask is because I’m seeing all of these comments about silsbee opponents being garbage, and id be quite comfortable with most of the teams mentioned comfortably beating 10 and 12 loss 4A teams.

2 hours ago, STiger85 said:

So, where will Yates be tonight? Will they be at the HJ/LCM game OR will they go watch Silsbee? That is a he question?

If they are going to be anywhere tonight, it will be in Kingwood. They will be watching the one team that concerns them the most...them tigers!!! I'm pretty sure they don't feel threatened at all by the HJ/LCM winner. Yates probably doesn't know where PNG is located!!! Just say in'....

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

Real question here: I get that Yates just beat the stuffing out of a team that was mediocre BEFORE their point guards quit, but what’s up with playing Scarborough and north forest four times and not winning any of the four games by more than 16?  I get that they’re decent teams, but Scarborough is 15-10, north forest 15-12.  Also, Washington just played them to within 11.   The only reason I ask is because I’m seeing all of these comments about silsbee opponents being garbage, and id be quite comfortable with most of the teams mentioned comfortably beating 10 and 12 loss 4A teams.

Scarborough is Solid ..they beat ozen , and they beat north forest who beat atascocita, who beat silsbee ...lol ...and ummmh same question on why silsbee struggled with Wyatt who lost by 40 to yates 2nd/3rd stringers ...Lol ...folks this games is almost a even match up ..I give yates a slight edge due to the way they handled common competition and due to them being deeper , and taller ..If silsbee is on their A-game and yates isn’t on theirs they will lose ... that’s what separate silsbee from the other area 4a teams...north forest or Scarborough are solid teams that  can be on their a-game vs yates or silsbee and unless yates or silsbee plays horrible they still have a shot at winning vs them 

14 minutes ago, burtgill said:

If they are going to be anywhere tonight, it will be in Kingwood. They will be watching the one team that concerns them the most...them tigers!!! I'm pretty sure they don't feel threatened at all by the HJ/LCM winner. Yates probably doesn't know where PNG is located!!! Just say in'....

Like I said earlier in this post, Yates Nation will be representing the school and supporting the Girls Basketball Team in Huntsville. The coaching staff and boys will be there to support the Lady Lions Tonight. Can anyone tell me the number of Times they observed Coach Wise at a Silsbee Game this year??? I have spoken to Coach Sigler at 3 of our games this year, he was there with a tall thin male and a rounder male. What’s funny is that last year when he had that monster team I didn’t see him at any of our games. 

5 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

Like I said earlier in this post, Yates Nation will be representing the school and supporting the Girls Basketball Team in Huntsville. The coaching staff and boys will be there to support the Lady Lions Tonight. Can anyone tell me the number of Times they observed Coach Wise at a Silsbee Game this year??? I have spoken to Coach Sigler at 3 of our games this year, he was there with a tall thin male and a rounder male. What’s funny is that last year when he had that monster team I didn’t see him at any of our games. 

He was there that you can trust.

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

Let’s begin with the Washington Games, the 1st Games Yates Won 101-49, 2nd Games was the final regular season game with nothing to play for and the Baby Lions got minutes. Scarborough and North Forest was without our Big Man and Coach was working on his different line ups. Yates is waiting on either Hardin Jefferson or LCM

28 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

Scarborough is Solid ..they beat ozen , and they beat north forest who beat atascocita, who beat silsbee ...lol ...and ummmh same question on why silsbee struggled with Wyatt who lost by 40 to yates 2nd/3rd stringers ...Lol ...folks this games is almost a even match up ..I give yates a slight edge due to the way they handled common competition and due to them being deeper , and taller ..If silsbee is on their A-game and yates isn’t on theirs they will lose ... that’s what separate silsbee from the other area 4a teams...north forest or Scarborough are solid teams that  can be on their a-game vs yates or silsbee and unless yates or silsbee plays horrible they still have a shot at winning vs them 

Good points. Silsbee is playing much better now than they were those games you listed. I'm sure Yates is also. Hope they get to play. 

I don’t see how WOS was able to score 60+ pts twice against Silsbee this year??? If our staters (Yates) played the 2nd half they would not have scored 49 pts. The 2nd qtr WOS was tried, not getting back on defense and careless or tried turnovers. 

I don’t see how they scored 60 against The Defending 4A Champs, they were pitiful 

30 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

I don’t see how WOS was able to score 60+ pts twice against Silsbee this year??? If our staters (Yates) played the 2nd half they would not have scored 49 pts. The 2nd qtr WOS was tried, not getting back on defense and careless or tried turnovers. 

I don’t see how they scored 60 against The Defending 4A Champs, they were pitiful 

Well ..they were missing their 2 PG's. That might make a little difference against a strong press.