Houston Yates 110 West Orange-Stark 49/FINAL

WOSgrad

22 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

So you’re telling me that silsbee has two point guards  on their team now that can and will play at baylor or a&m right now? 

I believe Adams and McCain both have offers from Baylor, among others. Not sure about Bush, but he is just a Sophomore. 

Yates can go ahead and try to press against Bush and Adams if they want if the game happens.

We'll see how that works out for them. Their schedule has been pretty weak this year from the looks of things. I guess they didn't like getting embarrassed by Sam Houston last year. How'd pressing Kendrick Davis work out for y`all lol.

Two things Silsbee would have in their favor is they're battle tested, and Yates didn't see McCain last year. It'd say it's a toss up. If Silsbee is ice cold from the three, Yates wins. If they're making their shots and slashing through that press, I'll take Silsbee by 10.

8 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Yates can go ahead and try to press against Bush and Adams if they want if the game happens.

We'll see how that works out for them. Their schedule has been pretty weak this year from the looks of things. I guess they didn't like getting embarrassed by Sam Houston last year. How'd pressing Kendrick Davis work out for y`all lol.

Two things Silsbee would have in their favor is they're battle tested, and Yates didn't see McCain last year. It'd say it's a toss up. If Silsbee is ice cold from the three, Yates wins. If they're making their shots and slashing through that press, I'll take Silsbee by 10.

Bro yates district is harder , and silsbee lost 8 games ....get on with the strength of schedule because if u look at the common opposition yates beat them worse ..save Cleveland ..Sam Houston problems??? just like Wagner putn almost a 50 piece on them , and just like ducanville shredding silsbees press ..and losing to my north shore mustangs whom are super inconsistent...bro at this point both teams are elite ..strength of schedule won’t have anything to do with it ..just my opinion from watching them both teams play yates has a slight edge ..

I will say this and this is just being real. With seeing the way both teams have played, Silsbee has an edge on Yates. They actually have guards that can dribble the ball. We had our star CB in football out there who is just an athlete but not a true basketball player. Yates is good don’t get me wrong, but that press is just vulnerable. You break it and it’s your free bucket. I know for a fact Silsbee will break it. #23 down low is a force to reckon with. Only thing Yates has better than Silsbee is the bench and post game. Other than that, I see Silsbee advancing on. Must have the guards to beat Yates and that’s exactly what Silsbee have. Congrats to Yates though, punished us like it was nothing tonight. 

1 hour ago, bayou city 713 said:

Bro yates district is harder , and silsbee lost 8 games ....get on with the strength of schedule because if u look at the common opposition yates beat them worse ..save Cleveland ..Sam Houston problems??? just like Wagner putn almost a 50 piece on them , and just like ducanville shredding silsbees press ..and losing to my north shore mustangs whom are super inconsistent...bro at this point both teams are elite ..strength of schedule won’t have anything to do with it ..just my opinion from watching them both teams play yates has a slight edge ..

Dallas Lincoln lost 15 games and won state year before last. Records aren't everything.

Silsbee can't hang with the top dogs in 6A this year. I'll admit to that, even if they were missing a lot of players for that first Wagner game. They played like crap against Duncanville and deserved that butt kicking. They've played better defense ever since that game.

Center is the only loss Silsbee has this year that I'm actually a little concerned about. That's another 4A team that could potentially take us down.

7 hours ago, bayou city 713 said:

Boy y’all can hype some stuff up ..a team with two 3 star point guards on it Won’t lose 

Bro ESPN has him rated as a four star ... 

He’s a good player and yeah a four star recruit, but your comment was he could go to ANY high major he wants.  That’s saying he could go play at ANY program in the country.  No knock on the kid, but that ain’t accurate.  Four stars doesn’t get you into everywhere you might want.  

7 hours ago, bayou city 713 said:

Lincoln lost 8 games again this year and they may win the 4A championship this season.

All the comparisons are cool but it all depends on what happens that day if yates meets  navasota  they will offer some resistance in the semi-finals and so will Waco connally I they and Silsbee happen to make it to Huntsville so anything can happen when so one team may be hot one day and cold the next if Silsbee and Yates meet its going to come down to who ever gets into foul trouble and limiting turnovers as much as possible even though it was last tear I heard Braylon bush say we finally beat Yates so they will not be scared or intimidated by Yates the tigers have to play one game at a time they know that but they will be ready for whatever the Yates lions will bring and nothing but respect for Yates this will be an awesome game if it happens.

10 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Orangefield led 5 quarters this year, was tied in one, and only trailed in the two fourth quarters against WOS this year.  The Mustangs are athletic but they are not especially gifted at guard and have very little depth.  

Wos guards by what I am hearing also took a hit before the playoffs.  I have heard by some who should know that both PGs quit before the playoffs.

8 hours ago, bayou city 713 said:

There is not team Silsbee lost to Yates could beat bro!!!! Look WHO they lost too. Silsbee went 3 rounds deep in the football playoffs. They were without half the team for 3 or 4 weeks. Yates always loses in the 1st round in football. They don' have that prorblem. 

1 hour ago, BADSANTA said:

There is not team Silsbee lost to Yates could beat bro!!!! Look WHO they lost too. Silsbee went 3 rounds deep in the football playoffs. They were without half the team for 3 or 4 weeks. Yates always loses in the 1st round in football. They don' have that prorblem. 

Granted I want Silsbee to win. But I think Yates would be Center.

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

Wos guards by what I am hearing also took a hit before the playoffs.  I have heard by some who should know that both PGs quit before the playoffs.

Didn’t have any guards playing whatsoever. We’re pretty screwed from the jump. We played it closed first quarter but we were sucking wind. It was times where you didn’t know who Yates starters were they subbed so much

9 hours ago, bayou city 713 said:

I can only imagine if both teams take care business how this forum will be in a week. One thing I know don’t matter who you rooting for the game can go either way IMO. The game want be won on the sports forum. I believe in my Tigers to the end so let’s just take it one game at a time .

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

Yates district is not all that.   Most of the talent is out in the suburbs, like Brazoria, Ft Bend, and Cypress.

Bro show  me where I said that yates district was all that. And since ya bringing that up silsbee lost to some teams that wasn’t all that , atascocita, north shore , etc...and they barely beat Wyatt whom yates 2/3rd stringers beat by 40 ..and kill the football excuses y’all won state WITHOUT one of yalls best players  ..it’s like silsbee / east Texas fans want to point out the other team/s vulnerabilities but when it comes to yalls ...y’all either find excuses or don’t  to acknowledge your own. When it boils down to it yates has beaten the same teams that y’all have more impressively... lol and remember when y’all watching tonite # 23 for yates didn’t play vs north forest or Scarborough  ..which still means nothing ..lol 

9 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

Bro show  me where I said that yates district was all that. And since ya bringing that up silsbee lost to some teams that wasn’t all that , atascocita, north shore , etc...and they barely beat Wyatt whom yates 2/3rd stringers beat by 40 ..and kill the football excuses y’all won state WITHOUT one of yalls best players  ..it’s like silsbee / east Texas fans want to point out the other team/s vulnerabilities but when it comes to yalls ...y’all either find excuses or don’t  to acknowledge your own. When it boils down to it yates has beaten the same teams that y’all have more impressively... lol and remember when y’all watching tonite # 23 for yates didn’t play vs north forest or Scarborough  ..which still means nothing ..lol 

If both teams keep winning they will get it on and everybody will see the outcome whichever way that goes

I have been reading all the hype about Silsbee’s starting 5 but haven’t heard much about there bench. Yates benched scored the majority of points (110) last night. Yates defense is good considering WOS only scored 49 pts. Yates will run at least 14 players during the game. It’s going to be interesting to see if Silsbee starting 5 can run for 32 minutes or if there bench can handle the pressure. Yates press is fine, we understand we will give up some easy baskets similar to last night when WOS scores 17 in the first Qtr off of layups. The easy layups allows Yates to make the game a track meet, and if you don’t have a bench we will run you off the court. WOS only scored 11-11-10 pts. I believe Yates Team is faster then any team Silsbee has faced this year.  Silsbee may have the guards to break the press but can they run for 32 minutes (score & play defense). What happens when Silsbee have to depend on there bench??? Yates has a bench