Houston Yates 110 West Orange-Stark 49/FINAL

WOSgrad

3 minutes ago, bayou city 713 said:

Yates and silsbee are pretty much the same team .. yates is taller and deeper and scores easier ..their second and third string won that game ..their starting line up may have played 10-12 minutes at the most ..that’s why I say going into that game they are favored ... they could’ve easily put up 130 points tonite 

Silsbee’s guards are better.  Yates far better inside.  Whether they effectively exploit that is a whole other question.  

Haven’t seen Yates this year. Obviously they are real good but so are my Tigers. We will need to hit the boards hard and need to stay out of foul trouble especially Barnes and McCain as they are the two “bigs”.  Other than that we definitely have the guards to handle the press.  One thing I have noticed with WOS in playing them is that when that press starts working, they get down o themselves and each other, that’s what we can’t do.  Shake that play off and go on to the next.  If this game happens it will be fun for all.  GO TIGERS!!!

7 minutes ago, no-look said:

Not sure I would put Bush in the elite status yet but he will be sooner or later. 

Without ageeing on a label, I think most who have seen him realize he can handle the press fine though.  I will say that silsbee has at least two guards I think are as good or better than Sahvir Wheeler (who is very good in his own right obviously).   And I saw him make mince meat of that press by himself this year.  

4 minutes ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

What I can’t understand is why WOS wasn’t better prepared to handle Yates press, they played against Silsbee who also presses TWICE this year. Yates is waiting on the winner of Hardin Jefferson and LCM... 

Orangefield led 5 quarters this year, was tied in one, and only trailed in the two fourth quarters against WOS this year.  The Mustangs are athletic but they are not especially gifted at guard and have very little depth.  

21 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Silsbee’s guards are better.  Yates far better inside.  Whether they effectively exploit that is a whole other question.  

40 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Without ageeing on a label, I think most who have seen him realize he can handle the press fine though.  I will say that silsbee has at least two guards I think are as good or better than Sahvir Wheeler (who is very good in his own right obviously).   And I saw him make mince meat of that press by himself this year.  

No way bro ..wheeler can Go to any high major he wants 

11 minutes ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

That’s not true. His biggest offer was A&M/Baylor. No 3 star PG can go to any High Major he wants. Not to discredit Wheeler because he is an amazing player. But to say that is a lie. 

So you’re telling me that silsbee has two point guards  on their team now that can and will play at baylor or a&m right now? 

Boy y’all can hype some stuff up ..a team with two 3 star point guards on it Won’t lose 

17 minutes ago, ccsbasketballplayer said:

That’s not true. His biggest offer was A&M/Baylor. No 3 star PG can go to any High Major he wants. Not to discredit Wheeler because he is an amazing player. But to say that is a lie. 

Bro ESPN has him rated as a four star ...