Newton to unveil state title rings

DannyShapiroBE

2 hours ago, Eagles97 said:

Yep.  Bi district trophy’s 

But I’m not sure y’all would have any of those if you played in our district. 

Just enjoy your JV state trophy. Make no mistake, though. I support you guys. It’s better to be a big ol’ fish in a teeny tiny pond than to have to swim out here with the big fishes. 

3 hours ago, LC-M said:

They had a ceremony it was just in the 60’s. They havnt found the right fullback in a long time

But we have that trophy. That’s something you and Silsbee can’t say. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but there’s an army of young cardinals chomping at the bit to be the next stud RB in Cardinal Country. 

I think that we’ve got better days ahead. 

19 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

But we have that trophy. That’s something you and Silsbee can’t say. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but there’s an army of young cardinals chomping at the bit to be the next stud RB in Cardinal Country. I think that we’ve got better days ahead. 

Are you sure the the HC is coming back?

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

But we have that trophy. That’s something you and Silsbee can’t say. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but there’s an army of young cardinals chomping at the bit to be the next stud RB in Cardinal Country. 

No we have never been to the state championship in football but we have in other sports. It wasn’t meant to be rude when I said in the 60’s. Worster was a heck of a back and went to UT and won a national championship. His son was our full back in 1994 we went 10-0 and won district. I’ll say this Cardinal Backer for being a transplant you are a Huge Bridge City supporter they are lucky to have you.

29 minutes ago, LC-M said:

No we have never been to the state championship in football but we have in other sports. It wasn’t meant to be rude when I said in the 60’s. Worster was a heck of a back and went to UT and won a national championship. His son was our full back in 1994 we went 10-0 and won district. I’ll say this Cardinal Backer for being a transplant you are a Huge Bridge City supporter they are lucky to have you.

Oh, I wasn’t offended. 

This next year will be the first year that I don’t have anybody participating in anything on Friday Night in four years. I didn’t have anybody on the team last year and it seems like I just get more and more out-of-touch with the program every day. I’m wondering if I’ll stay as dedicated as time moves on. 

There’s only so much entertainment value to be had cracking jokes about Newton and Silsbee. 

9 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Oh, I wasn’t offended. 

This next year will be the first year that I don’t have anybody participating in anything on Friday Night in four years. I didn’t have anybody on the team last year and it seems like I just get more and more out-of-touch with the program every day. I’m wondering if I’ll stay as dedicated as time moves on. 

There’s only so much entertainment value to be had cracking jokes about Newton and Silsbee. 

You need to stay dedicated. It will be 15 years until my kids will be on a varsity squad. I’m gonna stay on here but who knows my kids might not go too LC-M.

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

But I’m not sure y’all would have any of those if you played in our district. 

Just enjoy your JV state trophy. Make no mistake, though. I support you guys. It’s better to be a big ol’ fish in a teeny tiny pond than to have to swim out here with the big fishes. 

Insinuating that YOU are the big fish would be a mistake .......

7 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Worster in his two years taking BC to the state championship game won as many playoff games as BC has won since he left. I'd say y'all got better days ahead too if I was you. But, thing is you gotta respect a state championship program, don't you? Maybe not some of their followers. 

10 hours ago, AHUDDLESTON said:

And what is head to head record for Newton and Bridge city? Dont believe BC is within 100 points on score totals!

2000 - Bridge City 36 Newton 14

2001 - Newton 32 Bridge City 0

2002 - Newton 21 Bridge City 0

2003 - Newton 46 Bridge City 15

2012 - Newton 35 Bridge City 12

2013 - Newton 44 Bridge City 20

2014 - Newton 45 Bridge City 14

2015 - Bridge City 18 Newton 13

2016 - Newton 38 Bridge City 16

2017 - Newton 55 Bridge City 14

TOTALS:  Newton leads series 8-2.  Has outscored Bridge City 343-140.  That is an average score of 34-14.

11 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

2000 - Bridge City 36 Newton 14

2001 - Newton 32 Bridge City 0

2002 - Newton 21 Bridge City 0

2003 - Newton 46 Bridge City 15

2012 - Newton 35 Bridge City 12

2013 - Newton 44 Bridge City 20

2014 - Newton 45 Bridge City 14

2015 - Bridge City 18 Newton 13

2016 - Newton 38 Bridge City 16

2017 - Newton 55 Bridge City 14

TOTALS:  Newton leads series 8-2.  Has outscored Bridge City 343-140.  That is an average score of 34-14.

Facts hurt lol