NYU Serves Collard Greens & Watermelon for Black History Month

Hagar

7 hours ago, REBgp said:

I busted out laughing.  Another institution quick to point fingers pulled a snafu like this.  Actually, the meal sounds good to me, but was certainly insensitive in the PC world.

This is the hidden content, please

I'm with you on the good meal, but I prefer mustard and turnip greens!!  Then finish it off by drinking that pot liquor.  Good  stuff.

I don't see the issue here.  This was a "Black history month" meal.  This meal is consistent with the "Black culture."  What should have been served, Italian food?  Maybe sausage and beer for the German/Czech culture?   Or better yet, Chinese food?  Sounds like the student that is so upset is just looking for something to gripe about.

9 hours ago, REBgp said:

I busted out laughing.  Another institution quick to point fingers pulled a snafu like this.  Actually, the meal sounds good to me, but was certainly insensitive in the PC world.

This is the hidden content, please

Unfortunately these young skulls full of mush are being taught to be victims.   “At some point, we’re going to get fatigued with everybody being the victim. You have to play the hand you’re dealt.” – Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.   One day they'll either learn that they are the Captain of their own destiny or they'll sink into the bottomless pit known as "victim hood!"   And as obama always like to remind everybody, "it's someone else's fault!"

I would guess the watermelon initiated the finger pointing.  I agree w/Ty Cobb, it should've been a cultural meal, which it was.  And, this may come as a shock to some, a heckuva bunch of other races like watermelon and collard greens (like BSW, I prefer mustard or turnip greens, & drinking the pot liquor).

And, like Reagan, I get so tired of everyone acting like a victim, pointing fingers.  To get upset over a good meal is ridiculous.  Same ones complaining will probably be out marching tomorrow about world hunger, after they turned their noses up.  Color me, Who gives a poo!

1 hour ago, REBgp said:

I would guess the watermelon initiated the finger pointing.  I agree w/Ty Cobb, it should've been a cultural meal, which it was.  And, this may come as a shock to some, a heckuva bunch of other races like watermelon and collard greens (like BSW, I prefer mustard or turnip greens, & drinking the pot liquor).

And, like Reagan, I get so tired of everyone acting like a victim, pointing fingers.  To get upset over a good meal is ridiculous.  Same ones complaining will probably be out marching tomorrow about world hunger, after they turned their noses up.  Color me, Who gives a poo!

Don't care for collard greens. My grandpa grew watermelons and I ate them before I ever saw a black person. The nerve of some people. I love pinto beans and rice with cornbread. Ate that prior also. Really, the nerve of some people claiming food as theirs. I don't understand that at all.

25 minutes ago, Kountzer said:

Mustard greens, oxtails & rice, candied yams, red beans, corn bread.  Strawberry soda.  Later on, after you wake up, some watermelon.  I'll worry about the stereotypes later.  That's good food.

I’ve never had mustard greens or oxtail, but I’m right there with you on the rest of your menu.