2018 Houston Astros

12 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Hopefully you stayed.  Walkoff singke by Bregman that went 20 feet.  Crazy ending...

This is the hidden content, please

Yes, we stayed. Still can't believe it. Can't recall a game ending like that. All the infielders were looking at each other as if they should have caught it. 

10 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

You can get them on eBay for $700!!

I have two. Thought they would all be gone. Woman came up to my wife who must have been in line behind us and told her that we were one of the last people to get rings. Really wasnt interested but had people try to but them off of me

10 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

21 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Hopefully you stayed.  Walkoff singke by Bregman that went 20 feet.  Crazy ending...

Oh I stayed. Me and my family got a World Series ring, that was a nightmare of a wait... my wife sold hers to a guy in the stands for 200$ He came up and offered to pay 200$ for it...... that walk off single was crazy that place was rocking that day.  Cole was throwing lights out! He had what 11k? The guy in front was talking about remember when Bergman hit Tucker in for the game winner in the playoffs then bam that happens. Crazy game fun game ready for a repeat

2 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

Houston drops 2 straight. Pitching, early on has kept this team in W column, but McCullers looked terrible, Dallas K has not been very good either. All in all, no worries, they will be fine.

McCullers slumped last year and pitched a gem in the WS. Keuchel hasn't been "great" since he won the CY. Agree, no worries.

2 hours ago, baddog said:

McCullers slumped last year and pitched a gem in the WS. Keuchel hasn't been "great" since he won the CY. Agree, no worries.

He pitched 5 innings and gave up 3 runs and walked 4. I love your optimism, but he was less than spectacular in the WS. Brad Peacock came in and pitched 4 innings of scoreless ball to save the day. 

41 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Starting pitching has been great, the bullpen so/so, but the offense has been terrible.  We need to get something figured out.  

The bull pen is a much bigger issue than it appears. They have no identity. Hinch has no faith in Giles, rightfully so. Peacock looked like the man to take over the closer role until his last two outings. Harris blows it. Devo blows one. Just an absolute mess. They have no idea who their closer is, or set up man for that matter. Mark it down now, they will add two big arms to the bull pen at the dead line.

Offensively they are who they always have been. Live by the bomb, die by the bomb, The problem is they are not hitting bombs right now. On top if that their strike out right is through the roof. Good offense starts with putting it in play, they are not. It is early. I wouldn't think too much into it unless these are still issues in mid-May.

On 4/16/2018 at 10:22 AM, Tigers2010 said:

The bull pen is a much bigger issue than it appears. They have no identity. Hinch has no faith in Giles, rightfully so. Peacock looked like the man to take over the closer role until his last two outings. Harris blows it. Devo blows one. Just an absolute mess. They have no idea who their closer is, or set up man for that matter. Mark it down now, they will add two big arms to the bull pen at the dead line.

Offensively they are who they always have been. Live by the bomb, die by the bomb, The problem is they are not hitting bombs right now. On top if that their strike out right is through the roof. Good offense starts with putting it in play, they are not. It is early. I wouldn't think too much into it unless these are still issues in mid-May.

I hope this isn't another 2016, because if so, the Astros may very well be the AL equivalent of the San Fancisco Giants. 

On 4/16/2018 at 10:22 AM, Tigers2010 said:

Well the bats have come alive the last two games and Cole just keeps mowing them down. Morton pitched a 3 hit shutout today and Altuve had 3 straight hits with 4 RBIs. Reddick and Stassi contribute with solo HRs. 

Everybody gunning for the World Champs and they are still winning 2/3 of their games. 

3 hours ago, baddog said:

Well the bats have come alive the last two games and Cole just keeps mowing them down. Morton pitched a 3 hit shutout today and Altuve had 3 straight hits with 4 RBIs. Reddick and Stassi contribute with solo HRs. 

Everybody gunning for the World Champs and they are still winning 2/3 of their games. 

Hints why I said they are not hitting right now, when they weren't. It's a 162 game season, no reason to panic when it's bad or get too excited when it's good. Regular season is a roller coaster for everybody.

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Hook'em said:

This Astros team is built to last a grueling season via their depth but the Red Sox and Yankees are really good ball clubs as well. I hope they sure up the bullpen by the trade deadline. Come on, Brad Hand!

Back-to-back HRs by the setup man is not the way to win.