The Rev. Billy Graham, prominent Christian evangelist, dead at 99

LumRaiderFan

This is the hidden content, please

you should read the utter disgust, some people have for Christ thus they pored it out on Billy also.

made me think of  John 15:18

John 15:18 New King James Version (NKJV)

The World’s Hatred

18 “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

Chuck Collson said “It turns out the man who witnessed to me, Tom Phillips, then the president of the Raytheon company, had been converted at a Billy Graham Crusade at Madison Square in New York City in 1968. How unlikely are God’s ways. Here was the head of one of the largest corporations in America going forward with a stream of repentant sinners and then returning to his business where four years after I left the White House, I returned to be his Washington counsel. Phillips shared his faith with me at the darkest moment in my life. And from that encounter has come my experience in prison and then the launching of a ministry that is now active in 88 countries, reaching into literally thousands of prisons, touching countless hundreds of thousands of lives. This is how the gospel spreads: Graham to Phillips to Colson.”

An old friend of mine, Jodey Arrington, paying tribute to Rev. Graham on the floor of Congress.  A lot of truth and wisdom in his words from a “young” congressman (relatively young anyway).  He’s new to Washington and although I’m biased, I’ve been very proud of him.  Hope the link works. 

• 4 weeks later...