East Chamber vs Pollok Central

tennisbc

7 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Central only lost 67-64 in that game with Aransas Pass, it was a close game through out. Plus they are a 4A team.  I will be in Livingston tomorrow night to hopefully watch a really good basketball game.

My point is EC is a better basketball team than Aransas Pass, and run the same style. I expect nothing less than a great game. EC is the better team, I just hope they are tomorrow night, that’s all that matters. 

4 hours ago, About a week ago said:

My point is EC is a better basketball team than Aransas Pass, and run the same style. I expect nothing less than a great game. EC is the better team, I just hope they are tomorrow night, that’s all that matters. 

What makes EC the better team?  Based on your observance of Central and Aransas Pass?  I thought you said season results don't count.   

33 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

This game worries me a bit for the Bucs.  I’m sure Coach Sutherland will have them well prepared.  If they play well and execute the plan, they will win.   But this is definitely a scarier matchup than what they are used to. 

Scares me a lot! This guy acts like I’m saying EC is going to steam roll them. 

6 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

Scares me a lot! This guy acts like I’m saying EC is going to steam roll them. 

I agree with your assessment completely. EC should win this game if both teams play well.  This is the one team though in our 3A coverage area that I think matches up the best with Bucs (hence my apprehension).  

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I agree with your assessment completely. EC should win this game if both teams play well.  This is the one team though in our 3A coverage area that I think matches up the best with Bucs (hence my apprehension).  

I said that a long time ago! Two guards that can flat out score at will...don’t like that idea. Reminds me of Troup in 2013. 

4 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

I said that a long time ago! Two guards that can flat out score at will...don’t like that idea. Reminds me of Troup in 2013. 

I lost to Troup in 89, before they lost to Edgewood, who ended up winning state, who has the only win against EC this year. 

7 degrees of the Troup Tigers...

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

I lost to Troup in 89, before they lost to Edgewood, who ended up winning state, who has the only win against EC this year. 

7 degrees of the Troup Tigers...

We lost to Troup my freshman year.I was just the JV kid with a warmup top and shorts on the end of the bench. Had an outstanding guard who went off, and hit a buzzer beater to beat us. Will never forget it. Troup lost to White Oak, who went on to win state lol 

We recognize them as the Central ISD Bulldogs around here. Pollok is an 

This is the hidden content, please
 in 
.  I guess the UIL uses it as a point of reference even though the Pollok area is a few miles North of where Central High School is located.

You cannot control the strength of schedule you end up with but the comparison I tried to make earlier is EC played 20 of their 33 games against teams with .500 records or less, while Central played 11 of their 32  games against teams .500  or less.  It is win or go home Friday night, you only have to beat a team once in this part of the season.

18 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

We recognize them as the Central ISD Bulldogs around here. Pollock is an 

in 
.  I guess the UIL uses it as a point of reference even though the Pollok area is a few miles North of where Central High School is located.

You cannot control the strength of schedule you end up with but the comparison I tried to make earlier is EC played 20 of their 33 games against teams with .500 records or less, while Central played 11 of their 32  games against teams .500  or less.  It is win or go home Friday night, you only have to beat a team once in this part of the season.

I will never get used to saying Pollock Central. Here at Huntington if Central is on the schedule it’s always just Central. 

45 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

We recognize them as the Central ISD Bulldogs around here. Pollock is an 

in 

The reason they say Pollok Central, is because how many high schools in Texas are named Central. I can name 5 off the top of my head. And on this sight ‘Central’ typically refers to the 5A high school in Beaumont.

24 minutes ago, About a week ago said:

The reason they say Pollok Central, is because how many high schools in Texas are named Central. I can name 5 off the top of my head. And on this sight ‘Central’ typically refers to the 5A high school in Beaumont.

That is exactly why this site adds "Pollok" (not Pollock, that is a fish) in front of that Central High. Moreover, the mailing address of the Central High is as follows:

7622 US Hwy 69 North, Pollok, TX 75969

Source:

11 hours ago, PackAttack said:

We recognize them as the Central ISD Bulldogs around here. Pollok is an 

in 

Here is the breakdown for EC 15 of the 18 non district games played were against playoff teams. 14 of 18 of them were 4A or higher. 

On 2/21/2018 at 11:27 PM, . said:

EC by 38+

5 minutes ago, . said:

Dilly Dilly to the Speaker who Predicted a 38+ Win over Pollok.  With less than 10 seconds  left in the game, 3 Bucs stood under the bulldog goal with no bulldogs around.  Sutherland would not let them fulfill the prophecy.  Dilly Dilly!

You’re the one who predicted it?? Speaker left