New AD Jones takes over HC @ Kirbyville

rykerx144

4 hours ago, rykerx144 said:

The support comes from not what Coach Jones brings but more displeasure with Coach Bennett.

Not the first person I’ve heard/seen make this statement.  Craig will be fine.  Played for the man in the mid 90’s and those that underestimate him are sorely mistaken.  

6 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

I’m not judging Jones. It’s the whole Kirbyville higher ups especially  that superintendent 

You won’t get a disagreement from me about the superintendent and assistant superintendent. However I support Jones and all his decisions because the guy has been a winner wherever he’s been and at whatever he’s done.

57 minutes ago, Baseball05 said:

That's the think y'all don't understand about the guy. Jones doesn't concern himself with what looks good or what people think about him. He concerns himself with what is best for the kids and this was best for the kids.

Perception is everything, the optics on this deal are not very good. Y'all got the guy y'all wanted, that's fine. 

A baseball coach who's had success (I know he hasn't won the titles elsewhere like Jones) was reassigned a few weeks into the season. That's pretty bush league. I don't know the ins and outs, I do know that I have never heard anything negative about Bennett. I can't say the same for Jones. 

I hope that Bennett lands on his feet somewhere, I'm sure he'll do fine. I hope the citizens and tax payers of Kirbyville are happy with the way this was handled, and experience tons of success.

I don't wish ill on anyone. In my opinion, this could've been handled more efficiently. 

42 minutes ago, The Icon said:

Perception is everything, the optics on this deal are not very good. Y'all got the guy y'all wanted, that's fine. 

A baseball coach who's had success (I know he hasn't won the titles elsewhere like Jones) was reassigned a few weeks into the season. That's pretty bush league. I don't know the ins and outs, I do know that I have never heard anything negative about Bennett. I can't say the same for Jones. 

I hope that Bennett lands on his feet somewhere, I'm sure he'll do fine. I hope the citizens and tax payers of Kirbyville are happy with the way this was handled, and experience tons of success.

I don't wish ill on anyone. In my opinion, this could've been handled more efficiently. 

Well said.  The now former baseball coach has been successful there, and I believe he took Orangefiled to the state tournament a few years back. He's been working with the kids all year and probably looking forward to a very successful season as I think they Kirbyville is supposed to be pretty good this year. The damn season already started.  Yet in comes in a new AD and HFC, who happened to be his assistant last year, to relieve him of his duties. Pretty damn bush league. It makes the new AD look bad, and the town look bad from the outside.  This simply could have been handled in a more professional way, and it wasn't.  But it appears the people in K'Ville don't care. Sad.

6 minutes ago, yepyep said:

Well said.  The now former baseball coach has been successful there, and I believe he took Orangefiled to the state tournament a few years back. He's been working with the kids all year and probably looking forward to a very successful season as I think they Kirbyville is supposed to be pretty good this year. The damn season already started.  Yet in comes in a new AD and HFC, who happened to be his assistant last year, to relieve him of his duties. Pretty damn bush league. It makes the new AD look bad, and the town look bad from the outside.  This simply could have been handled in a more professional way, and it wasn't.  But it appears the people in K'Ville don't care. Sad.

How can either of you speak on how something could or should have been handled when you admittedly don't know the ins and outs of the situation. You can speak on a subject in which you don't have all the facts.

5 minutes ago, Ty Cobb said:

My questions is, will Coach Jones remain as the AD/head football coach/head baseball coach next season or will he hire a new baseball coach for the 2019 season? 

That remains to be seen. I support this move as of now however if it affects the offseason program of football then we have a problem.

5 minutes ago, Baseball05 said:

How can either of you speak on how something could or should have been handled when you admittedly don't know the ins and outs of the situation. You can speak on a subject in which you don't have all the facts.

You are right. We don't know all the details. And if something serious is going on behind the scenes that comes out then certainly it will be more understanding as to why he was reassigned. 

But. Let me ask you this. If y'all had hired a new AD/HFC without experience in baseball, would Coach B still be coaching the baseball team this year? My guess is yes. And that's what makes this situation so unprofessional.

18 minutes ago, yepyep said:

Definitely wasn’t Orangefield lol

8 minutes ago, yepyep said:

You are right. We don't know all the details. And if something serious is going on behind the scenes that comes out then certainly it will be more understanding as to why he was reassigned. 

But. Let me ask you this. If y'all had hired a new AD/HFC without experience in baseball, would Coach B still be coaching the baseball team this year? My guess is yes. And that's what makes this situation so unprofessional.

I’ll put it to you this Bennett wouldn’t still be here had it not been for Jones coming last year. I’ll leave it there.

Really feel for Coach Bennett who is well respected in the coaching community

Good luck to the next guy they hire.  Always remember that your boss thinks he can do it better than you, will tell you he can do it better than you, and will reassign you to middle school girls pole vault to prove it.  So the next time you put on that hit and run, or sac you might wanna get pre approval. 

32 minutes ago, yepyep said:

Agreed. I think it's an absolute disgrace, especially with him being the assistant last year. If you want to replace him, do it after the season. Zero character to go in and make a move like that. It doesn't matter to me if the community is not upset about it or not. There is a particular way you should treat people and this is not the right way. What did you just teach all of those young men? 

41 minutes ago, yepyep said:

Pretty sure this was one of, if not the main reason he was brought to Kirbyville and it's not like Bennett is in total shock by the outcome. Surprised by the timing maybe. Bennett will land on his feet somewhere. He's bounced around for some reason (I won't go there) but he's a good coach.